42 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Ted

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The film is genius. No point in giving this film a proper review. I loved every minute of it, the only bit I didn't like was when they kidnapped ted, but even that scene had me in tears. I had more fun watching this than TDKR, TASM, Prometheus and The Avengers. I would have never guessed that at the beginning of the year. It's arguably the most crowd pleasing film to come out this year so far.

Edited by Jessie

Sloppily made (you could see that this is McFarlane's first film) and only sporadically funny. The scenes with the shit on the floor and Ted's boss had me howling with laughter, but most of the jokes felt pretty flat.The subplots with Joel McHale and Giovanni Ribisi were unfunny.Overall, this movie could have used a more capable director than McFarlane and a funnier lead actor (Mark Wahlberg and his massive nostrils didn't really work for me) and more raunch IMO2,5/10

Sloppily made (you could see that this is McFarlane's first film) and only sporadically funny. The scenes with the shit on the floor and Ted's boss had me howling with laughter, but most of the jokes felt pretty flat.The subplots with Joel McHale and Giovanni Ribisi were unfunny.Overall, this movie could have used a more capable director than McFarlane and a funnier lead actor (Mark Wahlberg and his massive nostrils didn't really work for me) and more raunch IMO2,5/10

You should burn in hell :P

Ted

This is the funniest film I've seen in a cinema, I think, ever. I cannot think of a funnier movie that I've ever seen. I mean, Meet the Parents was funny when I saw it, but I was only 15, and I'd laugh at pretty much anything. This has Family Guy stamped all over it, and that's why I loved it. It had SO MANY references to other franchises and the Family Guy itself, that I could just have a right ball with this film. Wahlberg is great as always. My favourite scene, I was giggling like a girl at how funny it was: checkout, boinking, liquid soap. LOL

I loved seeing Ryan Reynolds act as a gay, and when they said about all the movies that were shit, how did they get away with that? Brandon Routh, LOL. They pretty much insulted loads of people. Definitely my kind of humour. Pretty much everything to do with the fat kid was hilarious ("Chubby Mc-Fat Fuck", lmao), and when he started singing and saying that all songs from the 90s can be sung just with using vowels, I was pissing myself at how true that is. The Flash Gordon scenes were a little wasted on me because I've never watched it all the way through and I didn't grow up on it, but they were cool as I obviously know who he is, and it was cool to see him at his age. There were just tons of pop culture references and I absolutely adored it, and I adored Ted. I want one.

A

it was pretty funny at times but the overt vulgarity annoys me after a bit, just like in PAUL the gays jokes are getting to be so cliches(like i'm not a real man if i don't make a gay joke pff ) , i was a little dubious at a teddy bear needing an appartment to himself and having a gf with whom he makes out but hey everyone in the film seem to think it was normali love the line about no matter how big a splash you make eventually nobody gives a fk, indeed fame is a fickle lady...the dad and his kid who kidnapped ted reminded me of syd in toy story and terrorize his sistermost of all ,there were a lot of serious bits too and i think it might have worked better towards promoting leaving your inner child behind and growing up if they had left ted die, cause otherwise why aren't there more teddys alive! they could have had a funeral for him with tammy lynn playing the widow and all their friends cracking awful jokesthe entire film kunis is trying to get rid of ted and yet she brings him back , was she been peevish from social peer pressure thinking thats what she was suppose to say to him at that point in their relationship and really she loves ted too and didnt really mind his antics

• Like 1

it was pretty funny at times but the overt vulgarity annoys me after a bit, just like in PAUL the gays jokes are getting to be so cliches(like i'm not a real man if i don't make a gay joke pff ) , i was a little dubious at a teddy bear needing an appartment to himself and having a gf with whom he makes out but hey everyone in the film seem to think it was normali love the line about no matter how big a splash you make eventually nobody gives a fk, indeed fame is a fickle lady...the dad and his kid who kidnapped ted reminded me of syd in toy story and terrorize his sistermost of all ,there were a lot of serious bits too and i think it might have worked better towards promoting leaving your inner child behind and growing up if they had left ted die, cause otherwise why aren't there more teddys alive! they could have had a funeral for him with tammy lynn playing the widow and all their friends cracking awful jokesthe entire film kunis is trying to get rid of ted and yet she brings him back , was she been peevish from social peer pressure thinking thats what she was suppose to say to him at that point in their relationship and really she loves ted too and didnt really mind his antics

Agree, I love it but it's too vulgar.
  • Like 1

Despite the whole teddy bear becomes real thing, it really is a very standard premise in many ways. Man loves girl, but still needs to learn to grow up and struggles to balance his mates with the love of his life. It is a standard movie done very well however and is quite funny with just the right amount of sentimentalism to make you care for the characters in question. Ted, the character himself is also REALLY well done and is probably the most believable CGI character I have seen since Gollum. I didn't even question it after the first 5 minutes, I really believed he was in that room with Mark Wallberg rather than a creation by Computer Graphics guys.

Top film.

A

• Like 1