Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

My mom, the ultimate casual film fan, is interested in it.

Or at least was, cause she also thought that this was a LOTR/GOT/300 style film from the title :rofl:

:rofl: 

NOS is gonna make this explode here. I expect marketing to be everywhere in a week or so.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

@That One Guy I hope you can handle this. Power to you.

I won't be here till the 24th.

Sadly, the reviews have sealed its fate at the box office. It was a bad decision to lift the embargo so early. Should have just waited till 19th. Now those who were interested in watching might not be too keen. TOMATO LAW is dangerous. But you can't blame people. Brett Ratner was right. It has destroyed movie going experience. 

Destroyed my ass. It's still your decision whether to see the movie or not, and whether to trust reviews or not (and if yes, which ones). 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Yeah so...this will end up with Xmen apocalypse like RT rating. Metacritic already has it a 43. That's bad. Sorry folks, but just visuals, cgi and 3d don't make a movie. Avatar had a worldwide appealing story and drama. This has none of it if the positive reviews are any indication. 

I knew casting these two leads was a bad decision.

Dane Dehaan looks like someone who has masturbated too much. Why does he look so tired all the time? 

Cara sis an attractive girl, but hasn't clicked yet. 

6.2 and dropping on RT...sigh. Big critics are slaughtering it.

You all thought I was just saying nonsense, but once again I have been proven right. Trades, big critics and star wars nerds are predictable. You need a well packaged movie to get a good score. This is not that. 

I am so sad right now. I wanted this to hit atleast 75% and get that fresh status on RT and a 60 on MT to watch this. Now I am not too sure. I might just watch Apes 3 that weekend. 

So basically SMH and Apes 3 will be it for July. 

Stop being such whiner! If what you see in the marketing appeals to you, go see it. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because some critics didn't like it. Others did.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I would say movie fans, not outlets. If it doesn't fit expected norms, it must be awful.

Very good point. That is especially true if the movie isn't part of an already successful "franchise".:jeb!:

Although I must say, I was afraid to check the RT score today after reading the last couple of pages. It is still at 74%! Not a lot of new reviews since yesterday, but it starts much higher than I thought.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Very good point. That is especially true if the movie isn't part of an already successful "franchise".:jeb!:

Although I must say, I was afraid to check the RT score today after reading the last couple of pages. It is still at 74%! Not a lot of new reviews since yesterday, but it starts much higher than I thought.

The TOP critics though doesn't look good, 2/5 ... hope this can at least stay above 60.

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody cares about Metacritic.  Absolutely no one that makes the decision to see or not see a movie based on its Metacritic rating.

Without having any causation, metacritic is an somewhat predictor of a wide release legs thought. Same for RT (stronger correlation with legs than OW), they tend to be a good predictor of audience WOM.