Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

15 hours ago, Noctis said:

Up to 73% and 6.1 average rating.

68% 5.9

Looks like 40-50% on RT. 

If this gets LUCY type RT rating and had A list leads then I think it could have done well at BO. 

Once again, France should have been the first market. Then other markets.

All is not lost though. Maybe China, Japan and a few asian markets will come to the rescue. Atleast that's what I am hoping.

Don't know about Latin America and Europe.

Edited by marveldcfox

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Probably finish around 60-65%. Average score is not very good. Early embargo lift doesn't really help if you don't get rave reviews. 

It at least gets some people talking about it which is more than it had going for it pre reviews.  And the reviews aren't toxic so they won't turn people away who were already planning to see it.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It at least gets some people talking about it which is more than it had going for it pre reviews.  And the reviews aren't toxic so they won't turn people away who were already planning to see it.

That's true. They had to try something. Critics are giving it strong praise for the visual aspect even if they don't care for the acting/dialogue/story. At least they can sell the visual aspect to the public. 

Having said the above, pre-sales still looking rough from what I saw last night. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It just needs to hit the 70% range and it'll be good.

At this point, I will be happy with LUCY numbers. 

My only concern is the average. 

Ah well..whatever. I will do my part i.e. watch the movie and buy the blu-ray. Luc Besson hopefully won't be deterred. He should continue making weird awesome flicks. Even his shitty ones are way better than the so called great movies that america churns out.

Vive la France.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Sticking by the same prediction I've had all along which is Besson's Lucy. So... Somewhere around 67% RT with an Average Rating around 6.0 and somewhere around 61 MC. This will not be certified fresh at RT.

it is 47 currently. 

Critics gave lucy a pass because it had Scarlett kicking ass and there was demand for that kind of movie.