The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

An image I can't get out of my mind during the ending is when Gordon sees the Bat-Signal repaired. It's like a kid finding out he got an extra present for Christmas. Combine that with the score...man that's just fantastic, regardless of whether you agree with Blake taking over. The Gordon/Bruce dynamic throughout the films was incredible, it's a shame they're so far apart for much of this film. But when Batman revealed his identity to Gordon....fantastic.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Yeah :lol:BTW I kept on going in the movie "So what happened to Alfred???"Yeah I know he finally comes back.

My guess was that he left the city when he left Bruce, but it would have been nice to have a reaction shot where he watches the TV in some other country like Italy and sees the news. It would have at least told the audience he's safe. Edited by CloneWars

Yeah I even went "Hey wasn't Michael Caine in this???"I also got upset about how high of billing he got (not surprised since he is a major name but still-he should of been at the end where the go "with Michael Caine")

A lot of you seem to not realize, we are talking about a Billionaire who dresses up in a Bat costume and moonlights as a crime fighter.And you are complaining about plot holes? Really?Film was an A.

There's a reason people hold these movies to a much higher standard than the Adam West camp of the 60s, and it's because it's a lot more than just a rich guy dressing up in a costume. The whole enterprise has been taken very seriously by the cast and crew, with real effort put into the writing, acting, staging and cinematography. They wanted to make a real film here, and that's how it should be evaluated.Of course I say that as someone who gave the same grade, but I just didn't really notice any plotholes that bothered me. Edited by tribefan695

Did Gotham attribute Bruce's 'death' as being collateral during Banes takeover? Otherwise it would seem pretty obvious to everyone that he was Batman if they both had died at the same time.Also i know Nolan was never going to mention the Joker but wouldn't he have been roaming around Gotham too with all the chaos going on? Even if he was in Arkham someone would have broke him out?

I think what people also have to remember is that Nolan stripped the idea of Batman back to the basics and then inserted him into the real world. Although the source material is a comic book they are not really comic book movies. They are the opposite of The Avengers. TA is brilliant because it is the perfect comic book movie. It has great characters, good acting, great dialogue and well crafted set piece action sequences. Nolan's Batman still has these things but with a far different tone and setting.Nolan started with a boy who's very wealthy parents are murdered in front of him. What would shape and mould that boy as he grew up after such a horrific event? What would that boy do if he grew into a man who wanted to right the wrongs in his community? Who didn't want what happened to him to happen to anyone else? Who had the means and capability to actualy do something?That is the path Nolan went down. He explored Bruce Wayne/Batman as a real person with flaws and gave the character a fully fledged character arc through the whole trilogy. Clearly this path wasn't for everyone. For some fans of the comics this was not a path they could accept for Batman. However, this was Nolans vision for the character and I applaud him for sticking with it through three wonderful films.

Yeah I even went "Hey wasn't Michael Caine in this???"I also got upset about how high of billing he got (not surprised since he is a major name but still-he should of been at the end where the go "with Michael Caine")

He's had second billing the whole trilogy. Either it's a contractual thing or just appreciation on Nolan's part. He was so damn good in TDKR I can't say I mind.And wow, 18 pages already. This movie is dividing opinion and I like that.

I went in expecting Batman to really die as I'd only been half spoiled on the ending. So to see him finally happy in that final shot was a nice surprise.I suppose I expected Fox to die, for some reason. Thought he just might when the chamber flooded.

I really thought they'd killed Bruce, when I saw the Batman monument I cried. Once I saw Alfred back though I just knew what was going to happen. Nolan likes to throw these images in early on for emotional payoff, it reminded me of Cobb and his kids' faces in Inception.

I cried when Alfred revealed Rachel's letter and when he spoke at Bruce's funeral. And I got misty eyed when Batman revealed to Gordon he was the kid who Gordon comforted after his parents died. I read a rumor that Nolan gave WB a copy of the script that ended with Batman dying in the explosion. I'm surprised he could get away with that.

• Like 1