Ozymandias

Movies so bad that they're good.

There are movies that are just plain bad, but then there are movies that are so bad that they're basically satire which makes so enjoyable(IMO). I actually really liked all the movies below. Judge DreddTwinsPredator 2PredatorsWild Wild WestCobraCommandoTremors 2Godzilla (1998)Conan the BarbarianConan the Barbarian (2011)Conan the DestroyerKull the ConquererSpliceThe Rundown(I saw this 3 times at the cinema).Sorority Boys3000 Miles to GracelandMen In Black 2Pirahna (2010)Miss MarchHot Tub Time MachineDog SoldiersEvent HorizonAVP:R(the first one actually tried to be a serious movie).What are your guilty pleasures?

I can't believe this thread is already four posts in and yet no one has mentioned The Room."I did not hit her, it's not true. It's bullshit! I did not hit her, I did not. Oh, hi Mark!" :lol:

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 3

I wouldn't call some of those films that bad, it all depends on context and expectations :P.

For example, if you expect a film like Commando to be this crazy, over the top, manly action film with Arnold, then it's not bad at all :D.

One of my biggest choices though would be Batman & Robin. It's so bad as a Batman film and an action film, that it actually is good as a comedy ;). When perceived strictly as a comedy and not a Batman film at all, then it's quite enjoyable.

Conan the Barbarian

Conan the Barbarian (2011)

Conan the Destroyer

Kull the Conquerer

What are your guilty pleasures?

First Conan is a goddamn masterpiece and you should feel guilty for putting it right beside all these other shitstains.

And many movies you listed aren't bad, just simply cheesy or campy in places. (Predator 2, Event Horizon, Dog Soldiers) That's not something that makes them "so bad they're good". Plan 9 from Other Space is so bad it's good, so are Roger Corman flicks, Evil Dead series or early Peter Jackson movies. Sure, the term can also be applied to some big budget Hollywood flicks, but from the ones you listed only a couple may be considered such, IMO. (Wild Wild West, Piranha, Cobra, Commando)

• Like 1

Tommy Wiseau's "The Room". It's not called the Citizen Kane of Bad Movies for nothing.Supposedly film professors actually show it to their classes because it's such a good example of how not to write and direct a film.

I tried watching "The Room" and experienced an odd sensation. It was so bad, that it was good... and then it got worse... and just went back to bad again. All I remember of the film is seeing the same tracking shot, panning past a canopied bed during at least three different points of the movie. Am I remembering it correctly? (I sincerely think my brain is repressing memories of this movie)

You haven't see a bad film until you've seen the 80's horror film Truth or Dare? A Critical Madness. It is perhaps the worst made film I have ever seen, and yet I have seen it 8-10 times. It is the epitome of so good it's bad. I urge you to find it somehow...here is my review from 15 years ago:I love horror films. I am a huge fan of the genre. But this film is so amazingly bad that I highly recommend it just so you can laugh and see how bad it is for yourself. It really has to be seen to be appreciated **snicker snicker**.I saw this when I was fifteen and even then me and my best friend laughed at the absurdity of it. The production values are so terrible that when there are three people that get shot on a bus stop, they don't fall over like they have been shot, they actually roll off the bench like they were instructed to. I can just see the director filming this scene. He instructs his "actors" that they only have enough film to get one shot of this scene. He yells action and then he yells " okay you've been shot. " They then roll of the bench and he cringes at how bad they looked but he prints it because he has to.There are bad horror films like Friday 8, and then there are films like this one. There is no plot, the gore is kinda cool, but the acting is so bad that it is another element that makes you laugh. Why things happen the way they do is another mystery. How the mental patient gets a hold of a grenade is a mystery unto itself. But here is what it comes down to. I have seen this film about 5 times now. Every time we rented it, we did out of a need to laugh. We had seen Delirious one too many times so we rented this one. And we howled every time. "I dare you to cut out your tongue. ""Okay!!! I'll do it!! "What fun. Please, if you are ever fortunate enough to come across this film, treat yourself to it. You will never see a worse film than this one. But it is so so funny.

First Conan is a goddamn masterpiece and you should feel guilty for putting it right beside all these other shitstains.

And many movies you listed aren't bad, just simply cheesy or campy in places. (Predator 2, Event Horizon, Dog Soldiers) That's not something that makes them "so bad they're good". Plan 9 from Other Space is so bad it's good, so are Roger Corman flicks, Evil Dead series or early Peter Jackson movies. Sure, the term can also be applied to some big budget Hollywood flicks, but from the ones you listed only a couple may be considered such, IMO. (Wild Wild West, Piranha, Cobra, Commando)

Hear, hear! What, someone put original Conan on SBIG list? :rolleyes::wacko::blink::angry:

That said, great examples of SBIG movies.

I can't believe this thread is already four posts in and yet no one has mentioned The Room."I did not hit her, it's not true. It's bullshit! I did not hit her, I did not. Oh, hi Mark!" :lol:

The Room is so bad it's a masterpiece.

I tried watching "The Room" and experienced an odd sensation. It was so bad, that it was good... and then it got worse... and just went back to bad again. All I remember of the film is seeing the same tracking shot, panning past a canopied bed during at least three different points of the movie. Am I remembering it correctly? (I sincerely think my brain is repressing memories of this movie)

I must have seen The Room 15 times. I really think it's the funniest movie I've ever seen. I can't eat while watching it... way too dangerous.