bballman24

Movies that made you fall asleep

I recently watched Pirates: OST on TV and I fell asleep without realizing.I was kind of shocked because I usually try my best to be awake, so that I don't waste my money or time invested on movies. In that sense, the sleep surprised me quite a bit.So, I just want to know what movies, for whatever the reason other than being really tired, made you fall asleep.

Old Gringo and The Firm. I actually like The Firm, but the first time just put me to sleep about 10 minutes in and I woke up with like 10 minutes left and I figured out what happened. But in subsequent viewings I was able to stay awake so maybe I was just tired the first time.

Funny story. Me and the wife took our daughter to Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Were-Rabbit. We sat on either side of her. After the movie, we discovered that BOTH of us fell asleep through most of the film. Poor kid was between us and never had a clue.

How does one fall alseep in a movie theater? It can get quite loud in there depending on what movie's playing.

It happened to me a couple times when I was younger, one was at Episode I and the other at Return of the King, though in the latter case I had already seen it and was just going again because my dad had dragged me along to Las Vegas with nothing for me to do and I needed to occupy myself for awhile.I agree with Rudolf that falling asleep during a film doesn't necessarily reflect badly on it. It's probably a lot easier to do at home if you're tired knowing you can just go back later. Edited by tribefan695

Fell asleep during the first part of "The Hunger Games". It was the second show in a double feature at the local drive-in. I was alone and had consumed a six-pack of beer during the first show - "Cabin in the Woods". Had leveled off enough to drive home by the end of THG though.

I don't think I have fallen asleep while watching a movie since my preteen years. The last one I remember was Ocean's 11 because it was so late at night the first time I watched it. However, while I have never totally fallen asleep in a theatre, I nodded a bit two-thirds of the way through Invictus a few years ago.

Edited by Webslinger