CJohn

Weekend Actuals (Taken 2 - 49.5M, Hotel Transylvania - 27.05M)

how do you know? Those movies could make their movies on WOM, same way as these other movies do.

Because the buzz that gives original movies good opening weekends stems from GOOD REVIEWS. Rotten Tomatoes is invaluable to getting movies that audiences will like seen. Yes, there are exceptions, but critics and audiences agree far more than people give them credit for. Edited by Gopher

Because the buzz that gives original movies good opening weekends stems from GOOD REVIEWS. Rotten Tomatoes is invaluable to getting movies that audiences will like seen. Yes, there are exceptions, but critics and audiences agree far more than people give them credit for.

Original movies can get good opening weekends from the commercials for the movie being appealing or the concept of the movie being appealing or the names behind it.

Original movies can get good opening weekends from the commercials for the movie being appealing or the concept of the movie being appealing or the names behind it.

Don't forget the Oscar bump. It varies from film to film, but it is nothing BUT people going to see certain movies because they are being called the best of the year by a select few.

Perks needs to go wide ASAP. This is a pretty good PTA hold from last week, but it can't afford to stay in several hundred theaters if it wants to make any real money. The problem is too much competition - the four movies opening wide on the 12th all go after certain audiences, and Pitch Perfect isn't making things any easier. I think Summit should have just opened it wide on Sept 7 or Sept 14, I see no reason why it wouldn't have made over $10m on OW and finished with $35m at the very least. The momentum is getting lost.

Agree this needs to go wide ASAP especially because I want to see it!