Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 hour ago, Hades said:

They better not F##king cancel Young Justice...:whosad:

I stopped watching mid-way through Season 3 where it turned into an X-Men knockoff with metahumans. Did it ever get better?

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I stopped watching mid-way through Season 3 where it turned into an X-Men knockoff with metahumans. Did it ever get better?

Now I know Hades is just doing Contrarian shtick with his defense of Young Justice. It was never very good, and did turn into a blatent X Men ripoff.

• Knock It Off 1

Raised by Wolves' cancellation is likely cost related, probably doing decent but they cannot justify a third season. 

I think Young Justice probably could be wrapped up by either a two part film or a 90 minute HBO Max film so that the series has 100 episodes. 

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

Big improvement for season 4. First 2 seasons are still the GOAT...Mediocre YJ is still better than most current CBM shows

Hope  Harley season 3 is in deep production and I'm glad Invincible is at Amazon. That terrible Titans show should die like its CW brothers though

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 2:51 PM, Hades said:

Big improvement for season 4. First 2 seasons are still the GOAT...Mediocre YJ is still better than most current CBM shows

Hope  Harley season 3 is in deep production and I'm glad Invincible is at Amazon. That terrible Titans show should die like its CW brothers though

Harley Quinn S3 trailer will drop any time now as the official Twitter account confirmed it's coming out in summer

The show's one of the bigger successes for HBO Max because they have greenlit a Kite Man spin-off, and the Mindy Kaling Velma show and the Leslie Jones Plastic Woman show seem to be in the same vein.

Edited by Spidey Freak

On 6/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, FilmFincher said:

Man that sucks, I'm one of the few looking forward to another Abrams project. 

Sorry, but Abrams has done too many mediocre projects for me to have faith in a project just because it is an Abrams project.

Guy is one of the most ovverated producer/directors around.

I don't blame Warners for throwing this project overboard, since he has  not kept to the contracted delivery date for other projects at Warners. Zaslev's attitude is "You did not fufjill your part of the contract on other projects, why should we trust you with our money on this one?

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

Four. Years. They had four years.  Four years was quite enough time (especially during a pandemic, when a writers' room presumably had more time to sit and home and...write) to determine whether a show should go ahead or not.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Macleod said:

Four. Years. They had four years.  Four years was quite enough time (especially during a pandemic, when a writers' room presumably had more time to sit and home and...write) to determine whether a show should go ahead or not.

Did Warners even see a script and the show's "Bible"?

Abrams has simply not been delivering the shows he was contracted for with Warners on the date on the contract, and you have to wonder if Abrams ever showed Warners the details on this series. Abrams seems to have thought that h e could take all the time in the world becuase he is JJ Abrams, and Zaslev, quite rightly in my opinion, finally just said "Screw it if you  can't deliver on time. Why should we trust you with out money for future projects".

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

i just want another Superman movie, but I’ve given up hope. 

I feel the same mostly but I don’t think it’s gonna be much longer till we get some kind of movement on a Superman project. Zaslav has said how important Superman is too many times now for something not to come soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BruiseCruise said:

I can't believe they let Abrams essentially stake claim on Constantine and Superman, god knows if he will ever deliver anything for either of those projects, we could have had a McQuarrie-Cavill movie already but they turned him down

I was thinking the same thing while watching the trailer for MI: Dead Reckoning before Top Gun. I don't know what his pitch was, but I'd rest pretty easy giving Supes to McQuarrie and just letting him run with it. I agree with @cax16 though, I think we'll hear something before the summer is out. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Main reason Zaslev seems totally disllusioned with Abrams seems to be Abrams slowness to actually get anything into production.

I think Abrams has simply spread him too thin, he and Bad Robot have simply taken on too many projects at once, and it's slowing everything down. Abrams needs to learn to set priorities, and that trying to do everything at the same time means you end up doing nothing.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

i just want another Superman movie, but I’ve given up hope. 

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I feel the same mostly but I don’t think it’s gonna be much longer till we get some kind of movement on a Superman project. Zaslav has said how important Superman is too many times now for something not to come soon. 

It's been reported that Zaslav is looking for a new president of DC Films. Changes are coming. This is the time to keep hope alive.

TBH I think animation needs more attention than DC. It's been 4 years since we had a film that is not IP based and while I think WB should mine their animation library both for their animated films and live action films, mixing it up with original films that could cement them as a player is crucial. 

Not to mention they need to rebrand it, Warner Animation Group doesn't really work as a brand, I think judging by the fact they refer to it as Warner Bros Feature Animation makes me think that might be the name going forward but probably once occur until after Super Pets has been released.

• Like 1