Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

6 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Moderation:

Okay guys, enough with the DeVito gifs. Next one who posts one gets.... something from me.

giphy.gif

Okay I'm done.

Edited by aabattery
Should be mentioned that MrPink started it.

I liked the trailer, is really generic, so... they're keeping the plot safe, and that's great.

Dennis is a great director, so i think the movie is in good hands and probably will be great too.

For BO, i'm thinking $ 110 - 120m in USA, but i will not be surprised if reach $ 150m.

WW i don't know what expect, i don't think will gonna bomb, but i can't see this becoming a hit too.

Honestly, this just shot up on the list of my most anticipated movies for the rest of the year. And I haven't even seen the original (yet, I will). Also, it is doing very good numbers across the younger demo (it's Twitter numbers matched WW's last trailer, the Facebook page is really doing amazing and the trailer views are pretty high on both YT and FB). I think a 50-60m OW sounds about right. 

13 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I still  feel this will do Tron Legacy numbers worldwide. At best, The Martian numbers worldwide. But that won't be enough to be considered a smash hit. 

How is 630m for a Sci-Fi R-rated movie not considered a smash hit? :thinking:

• Like 5

This looks incredible.

I recognize some people would want more substance out of the trailer, but to be honest, Blade Runner wasn't as much about the story as it was about the worldbuilding, the atmosphere and the thematics. Those drive it to legendary status, and this movie looks to be just as much of an absolute marvel of filmmaking.

This looks like a Robocop or Total Recall reboot type of deal with some much cooler visuals. The original Blade Runner is known for its slow-pacing, and this trailer looks like a action-packed thriller. Well, I won't complaint if this turns out really to be action-packed because the original slow pacing was proven to be a financial failure, and they obviously felt they had to do something different if they were to make a sequel.

I guess we should see how the follow trailers look like.

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

This looks like a Robocop or Total Recall reboot type of deal with some much cooler visuals. The original Blade Runner is known for its slow-pacing, and this trailer looks like a action-packed thriller. Well, I won't complaint if this turns out really to be action-packed because the original slow pacing was proven to be a financial failure, and they obviously felt they had to do something different if they were to make a sequel.

Not to defend a film I haven't even seen yet, but it's worth bearing in mind that one could easily make a seemingly action-packed trailer of the first film with some clever editing. That's certainly what contemporary audiences went in expecting.

• Like 1

Cinematography is excellent but the rest felt like GitS 2.0 (why androids always have to touch human's lips or kiss them or whatever to tase humanity or whatever fuck stupid metaphorical shit - Ex Machina did it, GitS did it, Lilly Collins Clone does it here) and I would have felt more cold only if Fassbender showed up. 

Yeah, pretty on eyes but icy as fuck. I don't think GA will go gaga for this.