Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

yeah, I would say the disappearance of your child is The Most Serious Thing Ever to a father.

That doesn't just magically give you a free pass to take a story that's ultimately pulpy nonsense and film it is a 150-minute long, relentlessly one-note journey into the darkness of human nature overloaded with on-the-nose religious symbolism. 

That was great great sci fi. Loved it.  

Villeneuve hits it out of the park. Leto and Gosling in particular I have to praise. Also, those visuals and color are just gorgeous. Also, the film is supposedly long, but I didn't notice it. Was pretty engrossed in the film. 

Fuck it, I'm on the Villeneuve train now.  I've seen Sicario, Prisoners, and Arrival, but I loved BR2049 more than the rest of them if you want a comparison. Definitely in my top 5 for this year. Maybe might be the top 1. Definitely going to be a movie I'll be thinking about for awhile. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

That was great great sci fi. Loved it.  

Villeneuve hits it out of the park. Leto and Gosling in particular I have to praise. Also, those visuals and color are just gorgeous. Also, the film is supposedly long, but I didn't notice it. Was pretty engrossed in the film. 

Fuck it, I'm on the Villeneuve train now.  I've seen Sicario, Prisoners, and Arrival, but I loved BR2049 more than the rest of them if you want a comparison. Definitely in my top 5 for this year. Maybe might be the top 1. Definitely going to be a movie I'll be thinking about for awhile. 

The movie has color?

So the trailers are the only bits where they forgot to switch the lights on?

Prisoners is silly af but the performances are out of the park across the board (poor Dano finally got past playing creeps maybe), it looks amazing, and it at least sticks to the tone and mood even if the choices are odd. I think it's his second best movie. Sue me. Said it before, but I think Arrival is his worst. It's why I'm slightly less optimistic about the BR reactions than others, didn't get the hype with his big sci fi.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Prisoners has a pretty garbage script that Villeneuve alternately elevates and dooms even further by treating it as The Most Serious Thing Ever. It's just portentuous and stupid, though great-looking and solidly acted. 

Think I pretty much agree with this. Will say it does pick up some towards the end but some of the stuff in the middle can be downright miserable