A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Will the film actually fall by 75% to 50 million this weekend or perhaps do a bit better? 

Because I am a bit confused because with current numbers it seems it should head to 290-300 million by Sunday and surprised it would make only 20-30 million after with no real competition. 

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Will the film actually fall by 75% to 50 million this weekend or perhaps do a bit better? 

Because I am a bit confused because with current numbers it seems it should head to 290-300 million by Sunday and surprised it would make only 20-30 million after with no real competition. 

At this drop rate, 50M 2nd weekend seems generous imo

• ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is IW crumbling? :(

Yes but will gross around 350 million in China and around 2 billion WW

What a flop... Highest grossing disappointment on record and has beaten Ultron. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

Good, that's all that matters. :)

The domestic market seems to finish more around near 700 million then 650 million and I think that will keep it at 2 billion. 

So it can go to around 320 million in China and be on track for 1 billion. 

Solo seems to be really be a non event Overseas outside of UK, germany france, Japan and Australia. 

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The domestic market seems to finish more around near 700 million then 650 million and I think that will keep it at 2 billion. 

So it can go to around 320 million in China and be on track for 1 billion. 

Solo seems to be really be a non event Overseas outside of UK, germany france, Japan and Australia. 

So is it an event there on RO or Saga level? RO did better in japan than an average SH movie, but far worse than TLJ and especially TFA, for example. 

TA + $450-500 is a global cume no one really predicted for AIW. Even removing China for both the movies AIW > TA + $175-225.

Dom, OS-China, China ... AIW out-grossed TA easily.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

yes, it will fall 75%, so goes china, and be around $300m

dailies will stabilize w/o competition and it will leg out fine into the mid 300s

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So is it an event there on RO or Saga level? RO did better in japan than an average SH movie, but far worse than TLJ and especially TFA, for example. 

In terms of UK, I really don't feel the hype whatsoever here. Will suffer not being released at Christmas, and tbh I think DP2 may outgross it.

will be lowest grossing Star Wars movie here, likely by far.

however this is anectdotal, so I may be wrong. But presales at least are appalling from what I'm seeing

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

In terms of UK, I really don't feel the hype whatsoever here. Will suffer not being released at Christmas, and tbh I think DP2 may outgross it.

will be lowest grossing Star Wars movie here, likely by far.

however this is anectdotal, so I may be wrong. But presales at least are appalling from what I'm seeing

Thank you! :)