lilmac

Most overrated films of 2012

how is Prometheus overrated when it seems most people hate it?

I wouldn't say most people hated it. Its just that the reaction to it is extremely polarizing. The people that liked either seem to think its good or the second coming of scifi christ genre saver whie and the people hated it want everyone associated with killed by Jason Voorhees.

Top 3 most overrated films of year:The AvengersLincolnHunger Games

I definitely agree with those 3 the most, especially Lincoln and Hunger Games. The funniest part about Lincoln is that it was historically innaccurate in some parts. Also, Lincoln wasn't the saint that a lot of modern historians and Hollywood make him out to be over and over again. Edited by Shpongle

I would say Cloud Atlas, but it had enough detractors that it doesn't feel quite right calling it overrated.Other than that, I'd say The Grey. I liked it and I thought Liam Neeson did a stellar job, but it didn't blow me away as it did other viewers.

I wouldn't say most people hated it. Its just that the reaction to it is extremely polarizing. The people that liked either seem to think its good or the second coming of scifi christ genre saver whie and the people hated it want everyone associated with killed by Jason Voorhees.

I'm confused. :P

Imo from an overal POV, TA and Skyfall are not overated because they delievered as advertised.They exceed critical, aduience and box office expectations... TDKR was promised to be one of the best films ever and as great as TDK and it was a step down for sure and I think as time goes on, the film will not stick in people's mind like TDK did...The Grey was just boring and depressing.... The year of 2012 has made me realized that films don't have to be so dark and depressing to be good.I loved TDK and its one of most favourite movies of all tim, but for some reason after TDK the thinking became that all films have to be dark to be good.Well 2012 just spat on that way of thinking and I would love to see a balance of light hearted fun and dark epics...

• Like 1