Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

I don't understand how Bettman still has his job. That's what, three lockouts under him? And I have very little patience for this when at the end of the day, the players + all the other higher ups will still walk away with millions but the people who work at the bottom of the ladder get screwed over because they can't work for months.

Edited by lilpunkryo
  • Like 3

Haunted House: 30mZDT: 21mGangster Squad: 14mGut feeling. I could be horribly wrong.

I could and probably will be horribly wrong, but I have this sickening feeling that ZDT will open to 30.

Didn't you say you were looking forward to ZDT, or did I imagine that?

Imagined. I am adamantly against the film. But I will see it, so in a way I am looking forward to see how they handle everything.

Imagined. I am adamantly against the film. But I will see it, so in a way I am looking forward to see how they handle everything.

I think the film will be far more of a deep criticism of all of this than you expect. You may be pleasantly surprised.

What also helps Zero Dark Thirty? The goodwill from The Hurt Locker. No, it didn't do good box-office. But the home video sales were quite strong.

Yup. One of the strongest sellers of all time on Netflix, iTunes and Amazon Instant.

SLP should be having a run like Lincoln right now. Instead, it is going to finish with about 70 mill if all the stars align properly. Such a dumb dumb dumb way to handle SLP. Shame on them and LG for fucking up Perks as well.

This is purely speculative but I think they are actually handling SLP very well lol. If this was marketed with a huge NFL angle, you might get a lot of sports fans in seats on opening weekend but they may spread awful WOM since the film is not exactly a football movie. On the other hand, these people might be willing to see the movie after hearing good WOM from people not focused on the sports-angle and then, it being sports related might help push them over the fence:

"hey, I hear this is a good flick, and it has to do with football" as opposed to "I just saw the new football movie which sucked because it was all about depression and personal relationships"

If the film was marketed with the NFL as a huge component I think people would see through it–the trick can only last for so long. I think the way the "fat men" are playing it will ultimately result in a bigger gross.

• Like 2