Moviedweeb

Movies you have cried during

1. Titanic

2. E.T

3. Life is Beautiful

4. Furious 7(not the movie itself but the tribute)

5.Toy Story 3

6. Schinlder's list

7. Harry potter Deathly hallow pt 2-snape memories

8.Saving private ryan

9. Inside out

10.12 years a slave (too pain to watch)

And a lot of movies that touch my emotion, deep emotional film, but I just don't cry....

On 12/9/2017 at 6:56 PM, Webslinger said:

Lady Bird also almost got me there at numerous points. 

Reveal hidden contents

Oh man. I did a freeze-frame on something in the last ten minutes when I watched it on Blu-Ray.

Spoiler

As if I wasn't already impressed enough with Laurie Metcalf's masterfully subtle performance, reading Marion's crumpled letters that the father sneaks into Lady Bird's suitcase is enough to start up the waterworks. In a nutshell: she treasures Lady Bird because she never thought she would be able to conceive a child (hence the adoption of her older brother); she expresses genuine sorrow over the fact that her own stubbornness prevented the two of them from having a closer relationship; and she even almost brings herself to validating Christine's choice to take on the name of Lady Bird. It's a heart-melting trio of letters that shows observant viewers exactly what Metcalf allowed to inform her decisions in her performance.

I really liked Allison Janney's work in I, Tonya, but damn would Laurie Metcalf have been an extremely deserving winner.