baumer

IM3 Thurs (RTH) 7.6M....Gatsby 3.25 midnights

What is usually the average/typical Wednesday-to-Thursday drop?

(I'm asking because I thought a 6.5% drop is pretty typical.  Granted its Wednesday drop was extra harsh but this one is somewhat unremarkable, or so I thought.)

Edited by pensivepenguin

What is usually the average/typical Wednesday-to-Thursday drop? (I'm asking because I thought a 6.5% drop is pretty typical.  Granted its Wednesday drop was extra harsh but this one is somewhat unremarkable, or so I thought.)

This is a better than normal drop:

Thurs drops and Fri jumps for Summer startersIM -7.3%   +179%SM3 -12%   +190%X2 -6%   +169%SM -10%   +166%TA -9%   +136% IM3 -6.8%   +150%??

Its because in comparison to past films its weekdays are quite low.

It is to be seen, will this perform like Spider Man 3 over the 2nd weekend and recover a bit, who knows really its hard to tell.

Man looking at the weekdays people were calling for sub 300 million lolz 

Yeah and after Sunday they were calling it a lock for $400m. That movie faced zero competition for two weeks, had deflated weekdays, and STILL fell over 60% on an inflated second weekend. It had a terrible run after the opening weekend, no other way to say it.

As of now DH2 is dead for sure and I still think 390 million is all but assured though.

Just remember Spider Man 3 fell only 35% during memorial day weekend over the 4-day and in terms of tickets sold and such, Memorial 2007 was way more intense.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think expectations over this film's box office performance is hampered by the continuous (and unavoidable?) tendency to compare it to that of The Avengers.  

Its OW is frontloaded (people went in thinking they were going to see Avengers 2; it's very much not).  But its drops since are somewhat in line with IM2 or SM3.  The Tuesday jump makes up for its bad Wednesday drop. Everything else is eh -- not really good but not bad either.

Now its overseas performance is another story entirely.

400m is lost for Tony ?

I think so ...

Tomorrow 400M

Saturday Under 350M

Sunday Under 330M

Monday Over 450M

Tuesday over 415M

Last day before its run over ... Great predict.

The balance has totally shifted now. Makes it quite funny that, as a forum, we still pay most attention to domestic numbers.

Transformer 4 and Pirates 5 are going to be interesting they will make 300 and 200 at most domestic but still cross a billion lolz!