#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

Fair enough...but then you should know it'll increase about 40-50% today, then say a 30% or so drop tomorrow and that's where the $68-70m weekend comes from lmd was talking about.

Ummm I don't expect an Avengers increase.... 2nd weekend Saturday bump was 46% for Avengers, doubt Iron Man can go near that. 35% increase is my prediction and a 37% decrease in Sunday. (Avengers had a 28% decrease.) I'm expecting smaller bumps and bigger drops because this film is proven to be much more frontloaded than Avengers. So I'd say it's tracking for a 63-65M weekend. But 60M is not locked, it might face a smaller bump on Saturday.

2nd weekend Saturday bump was 46% for Avengers, doubt Iron Man can go near that. 35% increase is my prediction and a 37% decrease in Sunday. (Avengers had a 28% decrease.)

IM3 had a better Saturday jump last weekend than Avengers, so there's no real logic behind this argument. 

• Like 1

IM3 had a better Saturday jump last weekend than Avengers, so there's no real logic behind this argument.

Yeah.... any frontloading gets take care of ny first Mon/Tue and doesn't affect daily jumps/drops afterwards.Expecting 50-55% jump for 30M.

Hmm... I'm thinking $72.7M for Iron Man Three and $45.9M for The Great Gatsby... I'd be somewhat surprised if Gatsby grosses more than $46M and also somewhat surprised if Iron Man grossed less than $71M this weekend.

Looking like a nice, durable hold of Iron Man. With a likely 50% percent drop next weekend followed by a more modest drop Memorial Day weekend, Tony Stark and Co. appear to be coasting to $400M+ D. I'm curious as to whether Gatsby meets all its demand this weekend and barely crosses $100M D.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Ummm I don't expect an Avengers increase.... 2nd weekend Saturday bump was 46% for Avengers, doubt Iron Man can go near that. 35% increase is my prediction and a 37% decrease in Sunday. (Avengers had a 28% decrease.) I'm expecting smaller bumps and bigger drops because this film is proven to be much more frontloaded than Avengers. So I'd say it's tracking for a 63-65M weekend. But 60M is not locked, it might face a smaller bump on Saturday.

No point responding you shall see that Marvel movies are not twilight.