filmnerdjamie

Monday Numbers (07/15)

SP and Kick-Ass found tons of attention on DVD/streaming. That's why Kick-Ass is getting a sequel. But a large reason as to why they underperfomed in theaters was crappy marketing that didn't know how to expand beyond the niche audience that would be supporting both films.

Edited by Gopher

SP and Kick-Ass found tons of attention on DVD/streaming. That's why Kick-Ass is getting a sequel. But a large reason as to why they underperfomed in theaters was crappy marketing that didn't know how to expand beyond the niche audience that would be supporting both films.

KA marketing looks genius compared to KA2 marketing. I suspect that's because KA2 really has nothing new to offer. At least KA had pre-teen Moretz.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

I wish i liked SP..for no other reason than being patriotic. It starred a Canadian....was filmed Iin Toronto and takes place in Toronto. But it just annoyed the hell out of me..

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

not good # for PR :((

speaking of Scott Pilgrim

saw it for the 1st time yesterday (yeahhh Im sloow :P ) Evans was hilar!

it was good

Now Im def looking forward to Ant man a little bit more

Kick-Ass was awesome :wub: :wub: & that Pretty Reckless song :wub:

Edited by Leyla

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere already, Disney is no longer reporting daily grosses for Iron Man 3.

Just weekend (Monday) and weekly (Friday) updates for it going forward.

Edited by JarJarBinks

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere already, Disney is no longer reporting daily grosses for Iron Man 3.

LOL They can't squeeze any money out of TLR and MU. Might as well. Although Oz made quite a bit off IM3.

Jim Carrey's stunts certainly won't help the film either.

I dunno....seems like that got a lot of free pub for KA2.

I love the first KA...one of my favorite comic book movies ever (I like it more than Avengers).   But I have to admit I'm tempering my enthusiasm for KA2.   Will Hit Girl be as cool as a 16 year old?   No Big Daddy....no Mark Strong.   A lot of stuff I loved in the first one won't/can't be there.

• Like 1