Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Sony should have waited a day after the theaters screened it before releasing it on VOD or even on the same day, the indie theaters were hyping this as an event for their theater ("be one of the first to see this controversial film here" ) to drive up business then they announce the VOD release right NOW so that  spoils the theater run. Well I dunno Sony just probably wants to get this over with (and I hope the controversy about this dies soon too!)

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Sony should have waited a day after the theaters screened it before releasing it on VOD or even on the same day, the indie theaters were hyping this as an event for their theater ("be one of the first to see this controversial film here" ) to drive up business then they announce the VOD release right NOW so that  spoils the theater run. Well I dunno Sony just probably wants to get this over with (and I hope the controversy about this dies soon too!)

My guess the sell outs led to this decision. I think Sony really wants this movie to die and a really high PTA would have given the film huge media attention. Now, they can kill some of that PTA.

My guess the sell outs led to this decision. I think Sony really wants this movie to die and a really high PTA would have given the film huge media attention. Now, they can kill some of that PTA.

It's ridiculous Sony is so stupid to not use the media attention to try and recoup some losses.

• Like 2

Now that's just a dumb thing to assume.

So by making this film available to everyone, Sony wants this movie to die? Bitch, please.

Now that's just a dumb thing to assume.

So by making this film available to everyone, Sony wants this movie to die? Bitch, please.

I don't think it's so much as "wanting the movie to die" as "wanting the movie out so they can be done with it." They're ready to move on.