Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

48 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I give folks who openly admit to liking Crystal Skull a lot of credit. 

I openly like Crystal Skull

I openly like Attack of the Clones

And Twilight

• Like 4

I personally thought Shia was really good in it and the story was good and Ford and Blanchett were good.  It did feel off in some places but for the most part, I really enjoyed it as well.  I know George has a fascination with aliens and so does Spielberg, so you can understand why they went with the alien theme.  

I think this one will be better.  But we'll see.

36 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Y'know, I haven't seen it since it came out, and I thought the third act was problematic, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

I think at the time I saw it, I enjoyed it about as much as TFA. Which kind of makes sense. Both films have nice setups, meandering middles, and kinda eh final acts, but it's still nice to see Ford step into those shoes again.

Just now, DamienRoc said:

I think at the time I saw it, I enjoyed it about as much as TFA. Which kind of makes sense. Both films have nice setups, meandering middles, and kinda eh final acts, but it's still nice to see Ford step into those shoes again.

You thought the final act in TFA was ehh?  WTF?  The final act is the entire Solo dying and Ray getting the lightsabre.....how is this ehh?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Let's hope JonathanLB doesn't see this post. :lol:

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

why can't Shia return? He is still acting. If they don't want him they will likely just ignore his character

Not really. After biting the hands that fed him (including Spielberg and Ford) and all of his other antics, he's been pretty much blackballed from the industry like Lindsay Lohan.

More likely if they bring the character back, they'll just recast. It'll be 11 years since the previous movie by the time this comes out anyway.

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You thought the final act in TFA was ehh?  WTF?  The final act is the entire Solo dying and Ray getting the lightsabre.....how is this ehh?

Yeah. To me it was kinda eh. I enjoyed it, but the film as a whole played too much nostalgia-bait to really invest me. By the time the third act happened I was just kinda...

tumblr_nvrm32IJBV1qkg3a3o1_250.gif

Edited by DamienRoc

Man I'm so conflicted.

I SOOO want this to be good.  I think Spielberg and Ford know they have some make up to do.  But...it can't be Ford kicking ass and taking name.  But then...younger actor?  Is it a young Indy?  Is it a new character?  Shit I keep thinking you can't replace Ford.

Seriously this announcement is a fucking cocktease...WHO is the other actor?  (Yes, there's another major one, I'm sure).  And what is he playing?  Tell me the concept!  I need to know!  Damn you Disney, this announcement.  I want to know who Pratt is playing!  No, I don't know if Pratt is in this movie.

• Like 1