BenedictL11

Wednesday Numbers (10/16/2013)

• Founder / Operator

I'm thinking Thursday will be generally flat, give or take 2-3%, then a stronger Friday increase than last week (150% or more). Still liking the odds of $30+ million. Wouldn't be too reactionary to daily holds right now.

• Like 1

since when a 12.8% drop on a wednesday is bad or normal, it's a good drop. I think it may not have the 15% weebly drops some were pretending but 25% weekly drops will take this movie to $275 or more, an incredible number! This is the best box office surprise of the year without a doubt (until now), not only because it exceed expectations on OW, it will have a +5 x OW.

• Like 1

This is still on target for 300m. And I don't know why people are upset with this number. If any day confused me it was Tuesday which was down -40% from the Tuesday before. However it improved yesterday with a Wednesday to Wednesday drop of -34%, and I expect it to keep going down for a about a -30% drop this weekend.

300 million needs solid holds for a while.

One bad hold and its done.

yo are a little extremist, it can handle one bad hold, everything is possible, this movie has great WOM, so i will expect to see what it happens. $300 seems posible but far away for the moment

This is still on target for 300m. And I don't know why people are upset with this number. If any day confused me it was Tuesday which was down -40% from the Tuesday before. However it improved yesterday with a Wednesday to Wednesday drop of -34%, and I expect it to keep going down for a about a -30% drop this weekend.

After a 30m weekend gravity needs 130m more to reach 300m. That's 40% of the gross done until 17 days. You know how many films have done that without the help of summer days or holydays?From here, it would need to drop 20% every weekend. And that after a -30% third weekend. You know its going to be very difficult.

Most likely it will settle at $290M which would give Warner 2 big budget hits

missing the $300M milestone domestically in 2013 (The other is MoS). 

Warner never gets a break post-Dark Knight/Harry Potter gold rush.

I am optimistic it will hit $300M eventually. It may be an IMAX mainstay

well into 2014. Also of interest: There is an IMAX short on the subject of

space debris called SPACE JUNK. It almost serves as a viral for GRAVITY

Posted Image

Edited by zackzack