Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

On 6/3/2016 at 2:20 PM, Chewy said:

Pirates 5, Divergent 4, World War Z 2 and this all release within a month of each other next summer

If you thought all the "sequelitis" thinkpieces we're getting now were bad...

EDIT: And Cars 3! And Kingsman 2

This is why I think next summer will be terrible, both in quality of films overall, as well as their boxoffice performances. 

And Despicable me 3 comes out along with all these things as well.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 4

It feels like each TF-movie has focused on certain important main villains.

TF1 had Megatron.

TF2 had The Fallen.

TF3 had Sentinel Prime. (Not actually a Decepticon, but had to switch to their side)

TF4 had Lockdown (The Bounty Hunter who wanted Optimus as a prize)

True, Megatron did appear in all 4 films also (He was reincarnated as Galvatron in the fourth one)...but the 2 last sequels barely had him lesser screentime.

Wonder what the villain will be in the 5th one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

TF1 had Megatron.

TF2 had The Fallen.

TF3 had Sentinel Prime. (Not actually a Decepticon, but had to switch to their side)

True, Megatron did appear in all 4 films also (He was reincarnated as Galvatron in the fourth one)...but the 2 last sequels barely had him lesser screentime.

Megatron is like the main villain IN EVERY FILM. HE raises the fallen then he basically raises Sentinel Prime, its all his plan every time and he fucking died in the first one. I have no hope for this movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Megatron is like the main villain IN EVERY FILM. HE raises the fallen then he basically raises Sentinel Prime, its all his plan every time and he fucking died in the first one. I have no hope for this movie. 

All the other robots are messes of CGI metal and have like 5 lines max. Even the kids who love these movies could probably only pick Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron out of a lineup

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

All the other robots are messes of CGI metal and have like 5 lines max. Even the kids who love these movies could probably only pick Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron out of a lineup

Hater.

:angry::ohmyzod:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

TF1 had Megatron.

TF2 had The Fallen.

Lockdown?? Sentinel Prime?? Holy crap, I just realized I don't remember anything of the plot of any of them beyond the first one.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Neither do the filmmakers. 

I really wonder how Bay truly feels about Transformers tho because when he was approached to do it, he said no and he thought it was fucking stupid and here we are, his 5th Transformers joint ...

He already has enough money to live 100 lifetimes with a new Victoria s secret model every week so what gives ?

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

I really wonder how Bay truly feels about Transformers tho because when he was approached to do it, he said no and he thought it was fucking stupid and here we are, his 5th Transformers joint ...

He already has enough money to live 100 lifetimes with a new Victoria s secret model every week so what gives ?

More money, more models.

• Like 1

I always wanted them to do Unicron as the main villain but fuck it.  Apparently, there will be a blu ray release of Transformers: The Movie coming out for it's 30th anniversary so I'll be getting that. 

As for these films, I liked the first, hated the second, thought the third was okay and hated the 4th.