fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

Yeah blockbuster wise for 2014 I'm really looking fore ward to Godzilla, MJ1, Apes 2 and Maleficent and to a lesser extent DOFP. 

I will say, Blockbuster wise 2014 looks much more interesting than 2013, there's more interesting looking options.  (Edge of Tomorrow, Godzilla, Jupiter Ascending, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Mockingjay Part 1)

Looks like Frozen had a sharp increase in sellouts today. Hopefully, it hits 11M+ today so 30M would be locked for the weekend. 30.011M is the number for the weekend, if it hits more than it passed Titanic for 2nd biggest 5th weekend ever. :blink:  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

so, how big of a weekend are we expecting for Frozen??

for reference, here's the list of biggest 5th weekends of all time,

looks like Frozen is going to be in some extremely impressive company:

Looks Frozen had a sharp increase in sellouts today. Hopefully, it hits 11M+ today so 30M would be locked for the weekend. 30.011M is the number for the weekend, if it hits more than it passed Titanic for 2nd biggest 5th weekend ever. :blink:  :D

beat me by a minute or two, I was just looking at that list

Frozen hands down is the biggest surprise. It's going end up making near 350M, nobody saw that coming.  :D

IMO it was Gravity, most predictions were under 100m Dom and 250m WW. 

Maybe we should have a poll

Edited by eXtacy

IMO it was Gravity, most predictions were under 100m Dom and 250m WW. 

Maybe we should have a poll

True, everybody knew Frozen would be a hit, just not THIS big of a hit (or anywhere near this big).  

While Gravity practically nobody saw it coming.  (Although I was always in the 100m+ group)

So when it comes to this years box office surprise who won. Some contenders are Iron Man 3, Gravity and Frozen.

CF definitely deserves to be in contention. It's the only sequel to increase after the first movie hit 400m. If not for Frozen CF would be the talk of the forum
  • Like 1

Looks like Frozen had a sharp increase in sellouts today. Hopefully, it hits 11M+ today so 30M would be locked for the weekend. 30.011M is the number for the weekend, if it hits more than it passed Titanic for 2nd biggest 5th weekend ever. :blink::D

Holiday or not, that's incredible that Frozen has a chance to do that. What a run.