fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

CF definitely deserves to be in contention. It's the only sequel to increase after the first movie hit 400m. If not for Frozen CF would be the talk of the forum

except there were at least some people predicting that. Frozen is beating pretty much every single person's prediction

except there were at least some people predicting that. Frozen is beating pretty much every single person's prediction

Please point me to a post (before OW) that someone predicted for it to increase over the first. I don't know of any.

Please point me to a post (before OW) that someone predicted for it to increase over the first. I don't know of any.

A lot of people did like kitspierre, fishnets, the futurist, noctis, MGS and many others. Look at all the people who were in the over 450 club. 

Edited by ban1o

My top 5 are: Interstellar, CA: TWS, Apes 2, Godzilla, and GotG.

The people bashing 2014 need to get over it.

I'm looking forward to:

Godzilla

Captain America The Winter Soldier

X-Men Days Of Future Past

Interstellar

Guardians Of The Galaxy

Transformers Age Of Extinction

Amazing Spider-Man 2

Edge Of Tomorrow

Monuments Men

Robocop

Sabotage

Neighbors

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit

Big Hero 6

A Million Ways To Die In The West

Transcendence

22 Jump Street

And even Expendables 3 and Sin City A Dame To Die For, though there's a huge danger of that Sin City sequel being a major disappointment.

Plus there's other stuff like HTTYD2, Hobbit 3, Hunger Games 3, and POTA 9 (or whatever the number is). There's bound to be disappointments in that big list, but anyone worried about a lack of movies or a lack of big moviesjus t isn't paying attention. Just because there aren't any movies with $500M potential in 2014 doesn't mean there won't be any big films next year.

• Like 2

By the way, Frozen was easily tops here at my theater.

Did you start giving it more screens and shows?

so pretty dumb to cut it's shows like you mentioned couple of days ago.  :P  :D

Edited by druv10

So when it comes to this years box office surprise who won. Some contenders are Iron Man 3, Gravity and Frozen.

I'm actually writing an article on that right now. I'd have to say Frozen, World War Z, Conjuring, and Gravity. Biggest negative surprises are White House Down, the month of Feburary, and Thor and Star Trek missing the top 10, which will happen.

• Like 1

So when it comes to this years box office surprise who won. Some contenders are Iron Man 3, Gravity and Frozen.

Frozen all the way.

1. Gravity nearly doubled expectations but it was a very unique film, shot in space and had a great director. So there was at least a tiny tiny room for a surprise run. Frozen was just another non-Pixar Disney computer animation. It was not supposed to do what it did no matter what. It took DM2 to be a sequel to a 250m movie to cross 350m and that was considered a surprise.

2. After Gravity's amazing 2nd weekend hold, it's great run started being predicted. Frozen on the other hand opened above expectations kept on surprising everyone week by week, hold by hold. Till 3 weeks after, people were saying 270+. As recently as this Monday folks were like "now 300 is a lock-in". Now it's 350.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2