Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

30 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Bond's audience is older and so if WOM is strong, its legs would be good. Do we know it has just a 45 day run or there are limits here. 

I have not seen any information on how long the window will be. It will be released in China. The Bond films are not a juggernaut there like the Fast franchise are but Spectre made 83M there.

• Like 1

Just now, ViktorLosAngeles said:

I wonder if this will cross 200 million $ mark in the States. The only other films I think could pass that mark are "Eternals" and "Spider Man: No Way Home"...

You don`t think Venom will do that too?

I think Venom will do well, but I agree I don't think V2 is crossing $200m domestically. I think $150m is the over/under

I do think No Time to Die will. If it can open to around $70m, I think it will. Especially if it's as great as I hope/we've heard. The runtime could hurt it tho

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

My guess remains that 

Spoiler

They openly admit for the first time that James Bond/007 is an alias that has been used for decades and Craig gets to retire into the sunset. It would truly be something if they film ended with an appearance from Brosnan or Dalton welcoming him to a club.  I hope certainly hope they don't Tony Stark him. 

Edited by excel1
  • ...wtf 1

On 9/17/2021 at 6:24 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Bond's audience is older and so if WOM is strong, its legs would be good. Do we know it has just a 45 day run or there are limits here. 

I think older audiences are more hesitant to go to the movies right now so the usual leg pattern could be skewed (older-skewing movies may skew toward the committed base). Haven't had many older-targeting big movies recently to test that. Hopefully it can draw people back. 

Edited by Menor

16 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think older audiences are more hesitant to go to the movies right now so the usual leg pattern could be skewed (older-skewing movies may skew toward the committed base). Haven't had many older-targeting big movies recently to test that. Hopefully it can draw people back. 

Let us see how the reviews go. This is not a hybrid release. When I saw older, I was talking adults. They will come if reviews are good. People do see movies other than MCU. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

My guess remains that 

Hide contents

They openly admit for the first time that James Bond/007 is an alias that has been used for decades and Craig gets to retire into the sunset. It would truly be something if they film ended with an appearance from Brosnan or Dalton welcoming him to a club.  I hope certainly hope they don't Tony Stark him. 

I'm currently strapping a jetpack to a pig so that this happens.

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

My guess remains that 

Hide contents

Purely speculation in response to the above, but I’ll spoiler tag it just in case:

Spoiler

Skyfall put that theory to rest when we see his parents names on the graves. James Bond is his name, not an alias, at least in the continuity of the Daniel Craig films.

It’ll definitely be interesting to see how they handle introducing the next actor and whether it’ll be a clean slate or if any of the actors carry over the way Judi Dench’s M did from the Brosnan films to the Craig films. I feel like they’d struggle to do that without it being weirdly awkward.