Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

decided to include never say never again in my bond marathon i'd never seen it before and this is a top tier bond movie. good villains, clear underwater action, roger moore isn't there. it's got everything. except the music is substantially worse than the mainline films that's the one big knock.

• Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

decided to include never say never again in my bond marathon i'd never seen it before and this is a top tier bond movie. good villains, clear underwater action, roger moore isn't there. it's got everything. except the music is substantially worse than the mainline films that's the one big knock.

NSNA praise? Now that is something you don't hear everyday. I can't stand it for the most part but the femme fatale is pretty great and switching up the usual poker game with the villain into an arcade game is fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

NSNA praise? Now that is something you don't hear everyday. I can't stand it for the most part but the femme fatale is pretty great and switching up the usual poker game with the villain into an arcade game is fun.

That scene is a lot of fun. As if Bond isn’t toxic enough turns out he’s a great gamer too.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:54 AM, keysersoze123 said:

Bond's audience is older and so if WOM is strong, its legs would be good. Do we know it has just a 45 day run or there are limits here. 

For a franchise to survive, it must add younger demos which Pixar and MCU do best I believe. Even Potter fanbase is aged a bit now. Is Bond doing that? If not, drops from previous films are imminent.

Does Bond get younger audience in UK @SchumacherFTW?

Not entirely related with this, but Spectre just like Europe, dropped very less in Canada. Skyfall did C$45M while Spectre was C$41M. While US dropped from $264M to $169M.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For a franchise to survive, it must add younger demos which Pixar and MCU do best I believe. Even Potter fanbase is aged a bit now. Is Bond doing that? If not, drops from previous films are imminent.

Does Bond get younger audience in UK @SchumacherFTW?

Not entirely related with this, but Spectre just like Europe, dropped very less in Canada. Skyfall did C$45M while Spectre was C$41M. While US dropped from $264M to $169M.

Bond gets everyone, where it excels is motivating older movie goers more than normal on top of a younger audience

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is that adjusted? I seem to remember it being fairly comical how Sony dragged Spectre kicking and screaming over the $200 million DOM mark. I also thought Skyfall did over $300 million in the US.

31 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Bond gets everyone, where it excels is motivating older movie goers more than normal on top of a younger audience

I think this is what some people keep seeming to forget, just because Bond excels with older audiences, doesn’t mean that it’s a slouch with younger demos, it varies by film obviously, but if the trailers make it look like an entertaining action adventure like Skyfall did then the younger audience will turn up too. In the UK (and to almost the same extent, Europe) it’s an institution, regardless of age. The US has always been a bit hot and cold on it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

"Skyfall" grossed 304.4 million $ in the US and "Spectre" 200.1 million $ in the States, so a rough 30% drop. But "Spectre" suffered from mediocre to bad WOM as well, and it deserved it.

Outside of the States, "Skyfall" made 804.2 million $, and "Spectre" - 680.6 million $, a 15% drop.

I still can't believe Skyfall hit a billion. It really showed the bond franchise is not a UK or west centric franchise, but a franchise that is popular worldwide.

• Like 1