grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

The definition of original is becoming incredibly loose.

The average Joe & Jane don't know what a Ghost in the Shell is.

#Alternativefacts

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think this looks good. But i can't stand SJ's monotone acting. she's one of the worst A-list actresses. the trailer looks good tho

Different strokes for different folks. I think she's very expressive, never overacts (which is probably why she hasn't been nominated yet unlike certified hams with multiple nom) and has likable presence even when playing unlikable characters. Also, points for not trying to be in media focus 24-7. 

On 1/18/2017 at 0:06 AM, antovolk said:

It's a really odd one. They already sent two cuts of the first trailer (one for R films and another for PG13) to cinemas, why do a third NOW, two months after said trailer came out, when you can use the the PG13 'trailer 2' they played with SW and Passengers?

I'd like a different one. I saw the one with Passengers too often. :P

• Like 1

On 26/1/2017 at 0:21 AM, The Futurist said:

The average Joe & Jane don't know what a Ghost in the Shell is.

#Alternativefacts

I think it's kinda niche even for the average movie buff (at least in the western world). There's a lot of other stuff above it in the anime-to-watch list. I watched Akira and half of Ghibli's movies before I got to Ghost in the Shell a couple years ago. 

• Like 1

That average Joe&Jane don't know about the anime version isn't a strike against the movie. If they think it looks like something never-seen-before and interesting, they'll show up. It's like how Matrix wire-fu was such a Holy-shit-wow novelty for GA even though wuxia movies had done it for decades.