grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

My biggest fear for live-action Naruto is that they'll make the same mistakes like with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Controversial casting is a given (no, Naruto is not white, but a Japanese, yet they'll cast a blond white kid) and than they'll try to condense a whole season into one movie.

GitS looks great, especially the shelling sequence.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

My biggest fear for live-action Naruto is that they'll make the same mistakes like with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Controversial casting is a given (no, Naruto is not white, but a Japanese, yet they'll cast a blond white kid) and than they'll try to condense a whole season into one movie.

Try to find a Japanese kid who is a natural blond with blue eyes...They wouldn't be wrong to cast a white kid in that case. Sasuke and Sakura are a different story.

12 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This is definitely a new wave of anime adaptations in live action movies, Naruto will destroy everything :shades::jeb!:

I'm all for a Naruto live action if it's done right , look at the scale of fan made stuff ......... if done right it could be amazing

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Exactly , I think a first movie about the formation of team7 and the Zabuza arc is more than enough and had epic fights and even character death + the mains being in real danger. It would be awesome. The second movie about the chunin exams and the third movie will be about itachi's visit , the fall out of team7 and valley of the end battle. That's a trilogy for part1 Naruto.

Another fear of mine is when they give the romance more space than it really deserves , that will sure ruin the whole thing for me. I'm all for the barely there romance in the manga.

10 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Try to find a Japanese kid who is a natural blond with blue eyes...They wouldn't be wrong to cast a white kid in that case. Sasuke and Sakura are a different story.

You mean it's hard to find a naturally blond Japanese kid with blue eyes but it's easy to find a naturally pink haired Japanese girl with green eyes ........?

I prefer the actors to be Asian too.They can use lenses and hair dye, it does not have to be natural, just please don't use wigs. If they cast white people or mixed I will still want to watch if they look the part. So as long as they do the characters justice I will watch but I will prefer Asian actors.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This is definitely a new wave of anime adaptations in live action movies, Naruto will destroy everything :shades::jeb!:

I like this more

edit: somebody beat me lol

Edited by Neno

Emerald kikyou, great breakdown of how to do Naruto the best. I agree, romance is pretty bad here especially when Sakura was still pining for Sasuke and he was ignoring her. She was really silly and irritating. 

Exactly , I think a first movie about the formation of team7 and the Zabuza arc is more than enough and had epic fights and even character death + the mains being in real danger. It would be awesome. The second movie about the chunin exams and the third movie will be about itachi's visit , the fall out of team7 and valley of the end battle. That's a trilogy for part1 Naruto.

Another fear of mine is when they give the romance more space than it really deserves , that will sure ruin the whole thing for me. I'm all for the barely there romance in the manga.

Also well said.

You mean it's hard to find a naturally blond Japanese kid with blue eyes but it's easy to find a naturally pink haired Japanese girl with green eyes ........?.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Got the trailer at Fantastic Beasts. It just looks... redundant. Like what's the point of making a shot-by-shot live action remake of Ghost in the Shell?

How many people do you know that have seen Ghost in the Shell? I certainly haven't and I only know one person out of this forum who has...

Then you also have the inverse side of this argument: How many people do you know who haven't seen the anime are looking forward to it?

So, eh, complicated.

42 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

How many people do you know that have seen Ghost in the Shell? I certainly haven't and I only know one person out of this forum who has...

Then you also have the inverse side of this argument: How many people do you know who haven't seen the anime are looking forward to it?

So, eh, complicated.

How many young people have seen PSYCHO? So clearly Gus Van Sant's shot-for-shot remake was a good idea, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

How many young people have seen PSYCHO? So clearly Gus Van Sant's shot-for-shot remake was a good idea, right?

Wasn't it?

Spoiler

:ph34r:

I've already turned my own question around in my own post, I know what you mean don't worry. Still, I thought this was supposed to have a very different third act or something? More more from the series rather than just the movie? At least that's what I thought I read.

Just now, Arlborn said:

Wasn't it?

Reveal hidden contents

I've already turned my own question around in my own post, I know what you mean don't worry. Still, I thought this was supposed to have a very different third act or something? More more from the series rather than just the movie? At least that's what I thought I read.

I dunno, I have zero faith in the people involved, so my interest in the project is academic at best.

48 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

You can't possibly compare a shot by shot remake of a movie with a sorta remake that goes from anime to live action with modern technology that allows these kind of visions to come to life.

Not exacltly the same thing.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1