Shawn Robbins

Saturday #s pg 19 ROAE 16.4,MRP 14.4,NS 7.1,LM 5.4

The backlash against her started almost immediately after Girls aired. Mostly because she's a woman in entertainment, and there's a lot of sexist culture out there.

It's the pilot's content really. Maybe the show got really better as it progresses but the pilot was definitely polarizing

Anyway, reading the comments section of any Girls review or article about Lena is so messed up with passionate hating and supporting for her

What? Unless I'm misreading you, there have been several 100m grossers to open in January:

A Beautiful Mind, Chicago, Gran Torino, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Taken, Good Will Hunting, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Black Hawk Down, and Million Dollar Baby all opened since Star Wars in '97 and passed 100m.

Now, while several of those are platform releases (as Lone Survivor was), both Paul Blart and Taken did it previous to Ride Along. (And both ended up with higher totals, too.)

I forgot about Paul Blart and Taken, as Impact mentioned. As for the others, yes, technically, they are not January releases, but as you point out, they got wide releases on january so, my bad.

But are those January releases in Sweden big budget December releases in America?

Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle were mentioned (you also have to take into consideration Oscar/Award noms with them)

Oh good a lets make fun of Dunham cause shes overweight post

Ugh. It's not her weight. It's everything. Her annoying personality, whiny take on life, fried eggs tits that she insists in flaunting. She knows that she's hideous and that's why she's always getting naked on her show. To irritate people.
  • Like 3

I am not very aware of the whole duhnam thing but I think it is very healthy to show that not every women on earth looks like a Victoria s Secret model or Jessica Alba  naked or in a bikini.

• Like 2

I didn't watch last night's SNL but I gotta say the worst host I have ever seen was January Jones...She was the worst host I have ever seen on that show. 

She was! I wonder how other episodes of SNL have never been rerun besides the January Jones one, it's probably a short list. I just remember watching it and being totally embarrassed for her (I do like her on Mad Men). Way back right after the Nancy Kerrigan Olympics stuff, SNL had her host and she was apparently an all-time worst, but at least she had the excuse of acting not being her day job.

Well January Jones is a terrible actress. What was she thinking doing a live comedy show? She's lucky she's beautiful. I wonder if her career will go anywhere after Mad Men ends.

She can playing as a trophy wife in 60's settings ;) 

She is great int hat. 

Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle were mentioned (you also have to take into consideration Oscar/Award noms with them)

I think those were mentioned for other countries though. American Hustle was actually a February release here. Wolf of Wall Street was released in January and has done well though. It could definitely end up in the top ten. Last year Django Unchained was the January release that made it into the top ten, and WoWS is at a similar amount, money-wise. Edited by raniE

I am not very aware of the whole duhnam thing but I think it is very healthy to show that not every women on earth looks like a Victoria s Secret model or Jessica Alba  naked or in a bikini.

Well, we can only hope. Dulham isn't attractive, though I have no idea who she is but from her pics, she isn't.

I agree with Futurist that it's great that there is a show out there that shows that not all women are smoking hot with smoking bodies. But at the same time Dunham is naked so damn often on that show that I'm starting to think it has less to do with the message and more to do with her wanting to provoke and f**k with people.

• Like 1

Dunaham is just irritating. Its her attitude as well as her truly repulsive body that makes it so bad. I get that people might think she's trying to make a point (she really isn't tho; she's just trying to annoy us all), but it just happens too damn often. And I had no idea Girls was so niche.( not that that isn't a good thing) I just thought more people would watch it. After all, HBO is like the most subscribed premium channel. I swear everyone has it.

• Like 1

Its not very healthy to show overweight naked women either.Complain about models being pretty and underweight,that they don't represent the average women and then accept when an overweight/ ugly women appears nude on television and then claim its a better representation of women.