Shawn Robbins

Saturday #s pg 19 ROAE 16.4,MRP 14.4,NS 7.1,LM 5.4

300 2 is a shocker-I didn't expect it to do that good :P

Fox, Sony and Paramount have not had a number one in a while. (Get this-Cloudy 2 is the only number one by Sony since last April, so if not for Cloudy 2-Sony would of broken there record in 2011)

I think Mr. Peabody will win next weekend.

Well brought up last night about how back in 2011 (?-I think that was when it was) how I brought up that Mr. Peabody wouldn't do as well and everyone was going on how it would plus the fact that Robert Downey Jr. was in it! (Who left the project), this has to be the first DWA film in a while with no major stars. (I remember saying it wouldn't do as well as Peanuts which since is no longer coming out due to the fact it isn't as near as known)

Really weak for 300-2. They delayed this too much. Probably would have opened to 60M had it opened in 2009/2010.

Would have been good for Snyder too had he done this instead of Sucker Punch in 2011

Would have been good for Snyder too had he done this instead of Sucker Punch in 2011

Probably would've been better for Snyder if he sat at home and twiddled his thumbs instead of making Sucker Punch :P.

• Like 1

It is amazing how worthless the once almighty dollar has become.

7 years ago, the first movie cost 65m to make and this sequel cost 110m ?

Color me intrigued.

Edited by The Futurist

Not seeing $40m anymore. IMO: $16m+12.5m+7m=$35.5m

Yeah, it won't get to 40m unless it has a 300 like drop on Saturday (12 to 12.5%) for a 14m Saturday.

If it doesn't get to 40m, I would also write off 100m.

Fun Fact :

Eva Green is the daughter of a famous french actress of the 70's/80's and a dentist.

And she has a twin and she  is one of the two cute babies featured here :

Posted Image

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

Eva is a draw.

Love the RT consensus :

It's bound to hit some viewers as an empty exercise in stylish gore, and despite a gonzo starring performance from Eva Green, 300: Rise of an Empire is a step down from its predecessor.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2