Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's the world we live in now. NOT POISONING THE WELL JUST AN EXAMPLE but WB greenlit and scheduled like 10 DC movies before they got BvS out

I mean, at least here they've got a 2.8B foundation. So they know it's popular

But this assumes the traditional approach of writing a single movie at a time. We've known for awhile that Cameron was basically doing a writer's room, TV-style. In that context, the only question is how many movies do the need to fit the overall story he's trying to tell?

Just now, Telemachos said:

But this assumes the traditional approach of writing a single movie at a time. We've known for awhile that Cameron was basically doing a writer's room, TV-style. In that context, the only question is how many movies do the need to fit the overall story he's trying to tell?

They don't write any of these cinematic universes one movie at a time, they've always got a room. Paramount hired like 8 writers to work on Transformers spinoffs

Idk if Cameron's got the individual writers collaborating with each other, guess it depends how insular each of these scripts is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

They don't write any of these cinematic universes one movie at a time, they've always got a room. Paramount hired like 8 writers to work on Transformers spinoffs

Idk if Cameron's got the individual writers collaborating with each other, guess it depends how insular each of these scripts is

Right, there are sensible ways to do it, and bad ways to do it. From what I've heard, Cameron's doing it the sensible way. He's essentially the showrunner -- all the beats of the story are broken in the room. When they have everything in outline form, each writer goes off to write their draft (one writer per movie). They adjust and re-write in the room, as needed, and Cameron is the final arbiter, plus he can polish each and all of the scripts if he wants.

Fox is probably throwing a party right now. And anyone doubting Cameron should remember he beat all your (and my) favorite brands and created much bigger ones. Each of these movies wll do at least 1B OS alone. China will ensure that. It's the dream franchise for any studio.  wouldn't be surprised if Avatar 2 will clear 2B again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

He had different writers working with him for each movie.

43 minutes ago, Black Hawk said:

Hmm.  Calculating that according to the Cameron Time Zone, I'm getting: 2019, 2031, 2057, and 2525.  (Cameron will still be alive since the Merpeople he will encounter in the Mariana Trench will have provided him with the aquatic elixir of life.)

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Someone explain me wtf was said and done, I am dying :rofl:

He first envisioned two sequels. But after meeting with a team of four screenwriters and a group of “some of the top artists and designers in the world” he realized that he had way too much material for just two films. He initially decided on three sequels, then jumped to four.

“The next time I see you will be on Pandora,” Cameron told the theater owners.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/james-cameron-avatar-1201753774/

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Only if Stephen Lang is in all of them and gets killed off in all of them

You know what, just make them remakes of the first movie. All of them.

• Like 3

I am assuming he's done a deal with Disney that they don't release Star Wars film in December in the Avatar years. The Han Solo film is May 2018 and I suspect they'll stick to it unless Avatar 2 is delay yet again. 4 Avatar films seems a lot though.