Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

21 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

So unless I'm mistaken, Avatar 5 is now the furthest away film with a set release date. Just a fun bit of trivia.

Seem to be:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2022,2035&title_type=feature&sort=release_date,desc

It did beat Fantastic beasts 5, a 2024 release.

Obviously that is if we do not consider Robert Rodriguez movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5174640/?ref_=adv_li_tt

To be released 18 november 2115.

Edited by Barnack

There's a 92.35% chance that A4 & A5 will not make 2024 & 2025.

Oh who are we kidding here? A4 & A5 will definitely not make 2024 & 2025. Can't be a Avatar sequel without being delayed.

This is getting ridiculous. How can anyone be excited for a movie coming out in 8 effing years?? I respect the man immensely but what happened to the movies being fun and not an energy consuming business plan we HAVE to be excited for?

12 minutes ago, Xavier said:

This is getting ridiculous. How can anyone be excited for a movie coming out in 8 effing years?? I respect the man immensely but what happened to the movies being fun and not an energy consuming business plan we HAVE to be excited for?

The same as programming Marvel phase X/DCEU slate eight years before the fact with a slew of "Untitled Project #1435" with no directors and no scripts as programming SW Episode IX back in 2012 without a written script.

Except in Avatar's case, we know there's a director and a script.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron will show the peasants how it s fucking done.

Once again.

:shades:

this is exactly how i feel but you got to be careful not to get some "MODERATION:" in here

35 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Odd to me you put the wait time as the last film, Avatar 2 should be what your waiting for. Also you got it wrong about Avatar being a business plan, this is Jim's saga he wants to make. If money was Jim's motivation he would have pumped out a good serviceable Avatar 2 in 2012 using the same technology. Instead he spent 2 years with a team of script writers making an epic saga, spent time developing his tech and making his pipeline more efficient.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Xavier said:

What is this nonsense?  A 3-sentence facebook announcement is energy consuming? And how did it ever command that you had to be excited for it?

What with the Internet hyperbole, energy consuming, needing to be exciting ? Nobody does not need to do anything or feel anything, it is just a movie.

11 year's is not that specially big amount of year anymore, it is the same time as the last 2 Bridget Jones movie. T3 and T2 had a 12 year gap. The last XXX had 11 year's too.

Monster University: 11 year

Die Hard 4: 12 year's

Jurassic World: 13 year's

Incredible 2: 14 year's

There is 32 project with a planned 2020 release, it is not that special to have one:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2020,2020&title_type=feature&sort=moviemeter,asc

• Like 2

Cameron doesn't make movies, :D:lol:.

He makes movies that redefine filmaking and the cinematic landscape for the next ten years.

He s The Teacher.

Please Listen.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

On 4/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, MrGlass2 said:

Crystal Skull had decent reviews somehow but if you compare user reviews, it doesn't look much better:

IDR v Crystal Skull: IMDB 5.3 v 6.2 Metacritic 4.5 v 5.3

IDR had a 2.5 multiplier and a B Cinemascore, not everyone hated the movie. (Crystal Skull also got B. )

Crystal Skull isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, IMO.

I think this movie does at least 2 billion WW. It did incredibly well OS even before those markets started exploding. I will not underestimate Cameron anymore. He truly understands the idea behind mass appeal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franfar said:

I think this movie does at least 2 billion WW. It did incredibly well OS even before those markets started exploding. I will not underestimate Cameron anymore. He truly understands the idea behind mass appeal.

It feels odd to say that #3 WW all-time is the floor, but that certainly seems to be the case based on what scant news we have so far. But 2020 is a good ways off in terms of exchange rates, strength of various economies, and so forth, to say nothing of what happens when we get some actual pictures and/or teaser for it.