Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

46 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

More frustrating than obvious trolls/fanboys I can easily ignore is otherwise sound-thinking posters who for who knows what reason give in to completely unfounded negativity.

Sorry my English sucks. What is your meaning?

9 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Everyone expecting this film to bomb/disappoint. It's not funny or edgy anymore, it's just tiresome.

Ha I see. Well, I'm sure we all agree Avatar is certainly not a a darling on internet but I think it's up to you to decide for yoursellf whether or not those loud nay-saying about Avatar on internet since 2009 represents how the real world think, aka to quote BKB "NO ONE LIKES AVATAR NO ONE TALKS ABOUT AVATAR YOURE STUPID IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE!"

On the other hand, those loud nay-saying aint really something new. Titanic used to be the target and then Avatar took the spot. There's something about Cameron's last two "chick flicks" that just rubbed some people the wrong way.

On the bright side, only 3 yeasr to go to settle the question of whether Avatar made 2.7BN because Cameron got lucky like he did with Titanic, or because people actually loved those films.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

One could very well say the same thing applies to those who keep beating this drum about how this is going to gross 4B or more scenario.. :ph34r:

my actual prediction is over $3b, i've never specified an actual number

8 hours ago, SWXII said:

SW Episode IX December 2019 is a lock. Probably.

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yes. It's agiven.

Dec. 2017 for SW:E8

Dec. 2019 for SW:E9

Is Han Solo:A Star Wars Story for May. 2018 totally confirmed? Do they want to try the "summer legs" on a SW movie so they can move some of their future SW releases to may and avoid Avatar confrontation in Christmas (2020-21, 2024-25) and still keep delivering one Star Wars movie a year?

Something like

May. 2017 GOTG2 / POTC5

Dec. 2017 SW:E8

May. 2018 A:IW1 + HS:ASWS (Han Solo: A Star Wars Story)

Dec. 2018 Mary Poppins Returns

May. 2019 A:IW2

Dec. 2019 SW:E9

May. 2020 ASWS

Dec. 2020 Avatar 2

May. 2021 SW:E10

Dec. 2021 Avatar 3

Dec. 2022 ASWS

Dec. 2023 SW:E11

May. 2024 ASWS

Dec. 2024 Avatar 4

May. 2025 SW:E12

Dec. 2025 Avatar 5

• Like 1

Considering that they didn't even decide whether they want Episodes with current or new cast, fat chance there's Episode X so soon after Episode IX. And considering how well they are doing in December, it's doubtful they'll move them to May. Likely they'll keep May for spin-offs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Dec. 2017 for SW:E8

Dec. 2019 for SW:E9

Is Han Solo:A Star Wars Story for May. 2018 totally confirmed? Do they want to try the "summer legs" on a SW movie so they can move some of their future SW releases to may and avoid Avatar confrontation in Christmas (2020-21, 2024-25) and still keep delivering one Star Wars movie a year?

Something like

May. 2017 GOTG2 / POTC5

Dec. 2017 SW:E8

May. 2018 A:IW1 + HS:ASWS (Han Solo: A Star Wars Story)

Dec. 2018 Mary Poppins Returns

My thoughts are that Disney are trying to play tactical. They know that Episode 9 is 100% guaranteed to be much bigger than Han Solo, so I believe the idea of moving Solo to May is that fans have to wait longer for the next star wars movie. I.e. if they were just every Christmas, it might seem a bit too regulated. So move Solo to May and now people have a Christmas off, meaning that when EP9 comes round 1.5 years after Solo, people are hungry for the new star wars, allowing them to further hype the "last in the trilogy". I feel I've explained this very badly, but it's just my theory, that essentially it's a marketing ploy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

My thoughts are that Disney are trying to play tactical. They know that Episode 9 is 100% guaranteed to be much bigger than Han Solo, so I believe the idea of moving Solo to May is that fans have to wait longer for the next star wars movie. I.e. if they were just every Christmas, it might seem a bit too regulated. So move Solo to May and now people have a Christmas off, meaning that when EP9 comes round 1.5 years after Solo, people are hungry for the new star wars, allowing them to further hype the "last in the trilogy". I feel I've explained this very badly, but it's just my theory, that essentially it's a marketing ploy.

they're trying to combat over saturation, a technique cape films could look into

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

Can somebody please put me to sleep and wake me up at the end of 2020?

Can't wait for the first trailer and pre-release hype!!!!

Oh, the wait will be grueling... :(

seems risky but an induced coma could do the trick

• Like 4

I remember when Avatar was coming out....I think my prediction for it was 800 million worldwide. I doubted Cameron once....I will not do it again. To say that he got lucky twice doesn't make any sense. Luck might happen once but when you make the highest grossing film of all time twice that's not luck that is Talent. James Cameron obviously has found a way to make films that the masses love. I don't have a prediction for the next Avatar three years out, but I definitely think it will be closer to 3 billion than 2 billion.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I remember when Avatar was coming out....I think my prediction for it was 800 million worldwide. I doubted Cameron once....I will not do it again. To say that he got lucky twice doesn't make any sense. Luck might happen once but when you make the highest grossing film of all time twice that's not luck that is Talent. James Cameron obviously has found a way to make films that the masses love. I don't have a prediction for the next Avatar three years out, but I definitely think it will be closer to 3 billion than 2 billion.

800m isn't exactly doubting the guy... 

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Obviously a lie. Haven't you heard, NOBODY talks about Avatar!

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Obviously a lie. Haven't you heard, NOBODY talks about Avatar!

well damn... what are we doing then?

• Like 1