Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 minutes ago, Royce said:

Can't wait for A2 to come out so that this "Avatar is forgotten" meme can die, it's so annoying

So out of probably 1000s of people, they only chose to show the people who couldn't get one. This is exactly how you create a political narrative to skew results. 

The only idiots who choose to believe this is true are the same ones who believe that "Dude Perfect" only need a couple takes to make their videos...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

So out of probably 1000s of people, they only chose to show the people who couldn't get one. This is exactly how you create a political narrative to skew results. 

The only idiots who choose to believe this is true are the same ones who believe that "Dude Perfect" only need a couple takes to make their videos...

I actually fully believe this one. Avatar characters are not well remembered at all. I'd wager good money that if you asked 100 people on the street, 95 couldn't name a character. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I actually fully believe this one. Avatar characters are not well remembered at all. I'd wager good money that if you asked 100 people on the street, 95 couldn't name a character. 

Believe me I agree with you. In all seriousness I don't think many people could, but that doesn't mean it didn't have cultural impact and such, just the fact that most characters didn't have a "normal" sounding name, and that the film is not a saga like Avengers and Star Wars. 

I only eccentricated the point to appease Jimbo and JCS here and have a bit of fun. (Sorry if the satirical nature of it did not come off clearly)

EDIT: that being said, my point still stands that we don't really know if anybody knew characters since they could have easily cut those out, however unlikely they might've been.

Edited by feasby007
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Believe me I agree with you. In all seriousness I don't think many people could, but that doesn't mean it didn't have cultural impact and such, just the fact that most characters didn't have a "normal" sounding name, and that the film is not a saga like Avengers and Star Wars. 

I only eccentricated the point to appease Jimbo and JCS here and have a bit of fun. (Sorry if the satirical nature of it did not come off clearly)

They'll be alright. Remember, Avatar 2 has 4 billies coming its way ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised most people can't remember at least Jake Sully's name, purely from Neytiri saying it multiple times. 

Then again I'd guess most people can only name 2 characters from Titanic so it hardly works as a metric of success (we all know that's only ever in $$$). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2