Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, stuart360 said:

Well we have to remember that A2 and A3 was actually one script that Cameron split into 2 movies.

A2 and A3 should obviously compliment each other very well.

True, earlier there was one positive reaction that was like: maybe a little too much on setting up sequel, I thought that was a little contrary to the whole "each is an independent story" narrative; but perhaps we underestimated how much A2 and A3 are interconnected, and if that is the case, A3 might be looking like a even more epic payoff.

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Now, perhaps it's time to lean more into Zoe Saldana's comment on : " IF you do connect with Avatar 2, three will be so much more rewarding!" 😁

lets get the avatar 3 hype train rolling then

here I come with my 3 billion prediction

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

True, earlier there was one positive reaction that was like: maybe a little too much on setting up sequel, I thought that was a little contrary to the whole "each is an independent story" narrative; but perhaps we underestimated how much A2 and A3 are interconnected, and if that is the case, A3 might be looking like a even more epic payoff.

Well remembetr there was only supposed to be 3 AVATAR sequels, each sequel being a different story.

That was the orig plan but Cameron split A2's script into 2 movies, and thats where the 5th sequel came from. So 4 and 5 should be different stories.

I just want to remind everyone that Matt Neglia is a massive overhyper pundit who was also hyping BPWF as Picture contender in his first reaction tweets. So don't trust this guy even if Avatar 2 pulls it off. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Both writes for major outlets

Thats the kind of reviews/reactions i like. and not simply because its gushing, i mean the way he worded it, its the kind of thing your standard movie fan would say.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I just want to remind everyone that Matt Neglia is a massive overhyper pundit who was also hyping BPWF as Picture contender in his first reaction tweets. So don't trust this guy even if Avatar 2 pulls it off. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

but have we heard from Steven Weintraub yet?

• Haha 1

Glad to hear all the final act praise. 

The final act of the first Avatar rules and continues to put most CG based action sequences to shame. 

Very few blockbusters have the discipline in action directing that they really should and I'm ready for Cameron to take us all to school again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

9B5F21F5-3E1C-417F-B3C6-151750D30F7B.jpe

oh no, the meme lives on

For all the criticism about lack of creativity from some people, which i respect, i would love if they also try to be creative as well on their opinions lol 

You just watched a whole 3 hour movie and what you have to say about what you dislike is rehash a meme that is way less funny that everyone believes?

• Thanks 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

For all the criticism about lack of creativity from some people, which i respect, i would love if they also try to be creative as well on their opinions lol 

You just watched a whole 3 hour movie and what you have to say about what you dislike is rehash a meme that is way less funny that everyone believes?

There was always going be at least a handfull of reviews with some 'writty' mention of memes.

In fact i'm surprised it took so long to get one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I first watched T2 when is was off on a sick day from school on a 17” CRT TV recorded off BBC1 where they’d cropped the widescreen presentation so badly that the opening titles said:

ERMINATO

UDGEMENT DA

Even all these years later, I still remember the entire experience of watching it for the first time.

We watched T2 in elementary school during class. One friend's father had a video store, so he was the coolest kid in town. However, the film was too long so we only got to the part where the truck hit the steelwork. Still remember how mesmerized i was. I've been a huge fan of Cameron ever since (and since T1 which i think i saw earlier on TV). Some time after that, i desperatedly wanted to see Aliens so i bought a 2nd hand VCR just so i can put in the tape which i obtained from a clearence sale. Ah, fun times....

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

9B5F21F5-3E1C-417F-B3C6-151750D30F7B.jpe

oh no, the meme lives on

adding 'FreE wiLLy' to the list right now 

- DaNCes wiTH WoLVes in space
- FeRnGuLLy
- PoCAhoNtaS
- nO cUltURaL iMpAcT
- smurfs
- can't name any characters