Mexico more like around 65m

No way for Australia lower than TGM

Edited by Bruce

Just now, Bruce said:

Mexico Australia and China is too low

China at least 💲500m

Mexico challange TS4

No way for Australia lower than TGM

I'm hesitant on giving China any number. I just know by default that it will be the biggest OS market. 

I could be low on Mexico, you're right. 
I can definitely see A2 lower than TGM in Australia. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The film's quality itself is what's going to determine the box office ultimately and I have an unfair advantage in knowing everything about the production. I honestly believe the only conclusion with the info I know is that Avatar 2 will be a groundbreaking movie better than the first, with a richer story than the first and have all the classic Jim strengths in a film.

basically i'll be humble, maybe slip a jab here and there saying everyone should have done their research.. maybe not, we'll see

yes i am talking like 3 billies is in the bag

AEWAAWWWH  of Pandora hears you brother Jimbo. What would be crazy is contemplating when avatar hits 3.5b to 4b what it would have made under theaters operating at full capacity in key areas OS. I like that some predicts hitting 4.2b-4.8 B ww??!! 😱😱

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

7 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

ATWOW International Top 10 Prediction

1. China = $400M 

2. South Korea = $115M

3. United Kingdom = $105M
4. France = $100M

5. Japan = $100M 
6. Germany = $90M

7. India = $70M

8. Mexico = $57M

9. Spain = $54M
10. Australia = $52M 

I doubt the UK gets that high unfortunately, our government have screwed up so badly over the last few years that we’re currently in a situation where a lot of people are having to choose between heating and food. It’ll definitely have an impact, especially with families who probably can’t justify the cost of the cinema. It’ll still do well, but I think $80M might be more realistic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I doubt the UK gets that high unfortunately, our government have screwed up so badly over the last few years that we’re currently in a situation where a lot of people are having to choose between heating and food. It’ll definitely have an impact, especially with families who probably can’t justify the cost of the cinema. It’ll still do well, but I think $80M might be more realistic.

Ehhhhh...

Just in the last 14 months NTTD made $109M, TGM made $103M and NWH made $127M. I see no reason this one can't do $105M.

6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Your underestimating how much impact Titanic and avatar1 had on fans. They will crave that escapism . I think it will hit 125-140m in uk or more 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Just now, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Ehhhhh...

Just in the last 14 months NTTD made $109M, TGM made $103M and NWH made $127M. I see no reason this one can't do $105M.

Things have got much worse recently. TGM released during the summer for one thing, now for some people it’ll literally be a choice between staying warm/eating or going to watch Avatar for £13 a ticket.

I might be wrong and it smashes it, but I’d just temper your expectations a little. The situation was very different, even 6 months ago.

The question is whether any other studio or franchise can or will ever use the immersive experience that Cameron uses of if he holds all of the eggs in his own basket to serve itself. Is this Flights of Passage the movie or is is a direction Hollywood could or should take? We thought it would in 2009, but the 3D effect waned and fell dead. Will this be the same situation? Will the bar be set too high for any movie, rendering them just not worth the cinematic experience? We shall see, but it will take at least a year to see if anyone can or is even willing to try creating the "total" cinematic experience.

19 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The question is whether any other studio or franchise can or will ever use the immersive experience that Cameron uses of if he holds all of the eggs in his own basket to serve itself. Is this Flights of Passage the movie or is is a direction Hollywood could or should take? We thought it would in 2009, but the 3D effect waned and fell dead. Will this be the same situation? Will the bar be set too high for any movie, rendering them just not worth the cinematic experience? We shall see, but it will take at least a year to see if anyone can or is even willing to try creating the "total" cinematic experience.

I doubt it. Unless there's someone passionate enough to give proper time and effort to make the movie like Jim. Because those effects take lot of work and time among other things. Current blockbuster model is like fast food chain model. So it's going to be hard.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Spielberg should have spent the eight years from 2012 to 2020 he spent making mediocrity like THE POST, BRIDGE OF SPIES THE BFG and READY PLAYER ONE on one industry shaking Cameron-esque experience.

Spielberg is Spielberg. He made movies which he wanted to. Jim is Jim. He is making movies which he wants to. There's a difference!!

• Like 1

I'm very excited for A2 now. When I saw first Avatar I was marvelled by the majestic scenery and those creatures which I had never seen before. To watch the movie in 3D I had travelled more than 500km to another city. It was an amazing experience to say the least..!! Here's hoping to make it better and bigger. Can't wait 🤘😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Nope. Unless they clone Cameron.