CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

NO. CHANCE. IN. HELL. this opens to 200M.

None.

Zero.

Incredibles 2 couldn't do it, why the fuck would this?

There is one animated movie this year opening to 200M+ alright, and that's Frozen II. Toy Story 4? Hell no.

EDIT: If TS4 does hit these ridiculous tracking numbers, Onward > SLOP OW is a lock.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

I don’t know. It could hit $200 million. I mean it really could. 

It’s Pixar’s crown jewel franchise. Whilst it might terrify me that it won’t live up to the others, especially after the third ended so perfectly...well, it’s not going to put anyone off seeing them back after nearly a decade. 

Toy Story is about as beloved as anything out there. I can certainly see an opening around about what I2 did. 

• Like 1

boxofficepro estimates 151/495...IMO it can do better if can get match prev TS films in terms of quality..that is a biggg IF..

for me..leaving aside TS films and that shitty cars films none of the sequels/prequels could atleast match the original films..

TI 9.5/10 TI2 7/10

FN 9/10 FD 5/10 

MI 8/10 MU 6/10

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:13 PM, cdsacken said:

496k likes and 184k retweets. Tweeted a week ago.

I once saw a garbage truck a few years ago that had an original VHS case of the first Toy Story taped to the front. Wouldn't be surprised if this was the same guy.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:07 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

None.

Zero.

There is one animated movie this year opening to 200M+ alright, and that's Frozen II. Toy Story 4? Hell no.

EDIT: If TS4 does hit these ridiculous tracking numbers, Onward > SLOP OW is a lock.

I love The Incredibles; but Toy Story has always been a more popular franchise.

200 Million sounds too high, but would not be surprised if it opened better then Icredible 2.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:37 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

None.

Zero.

like most thanksgiving releases it will open on wed. so after burning off demand on wed and thu won't do 200 ow. even for the 5-day to do that is more than doubling frozen's 5-day.

Edited by a2k

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, wildphantom said:

I don’t know. It could hit $200 million. I mean it really could. 

It’s Pixar’s crown jewel franchise. Whilst it might terrify me that it won’t live up to the others, especially after the third ended so perfectly...well, it’s not going to put anyone off seeing them back after nearly a decade. 

Toy Story is about as beloved as anything out there. I can certainly see an opening around about what I2 did. 

Agreed.

Not sure it will hit 200 Million..and I have doubts it will be as good as the other 3 films (I an one of those think that the 3rd film was a perfect ending to the series) but it is going to be huge.

The guy who did the "Indredible 2 did not open to 200 Millon, why the f--- would this" is simply wrong if he think that the Incredibles...and I love the Incredibles....are a more popular franchsie then Toy Story. Other way around, guy

I wonder if they will have the actors appear before the movie, like they did for Incredibles 2 and MPR..

9 minutes ago, a2k said:

like most thanksgiving releases it will open on wed. so after burning off demand on wed and thu won't do 200 ow. even for the 5-day to do that is more than doubling frozen's 5-day.

Except it opens the weekend before Thanksgiving, on Friday.

• Thanks 2

On 5/30/2019 at 11:34 AM, MovieMan89 said:

It's gonna make 200 at the absolute worst. That's certainly a dent in the market. I didn't say it would really impact TS4. Far more likely that Aladdin+SLOP+TS4 all doing big business hurts TLK. The market will be exhausted. 

You know, I'm doubting $200m dom for TSLOP2.