Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Off to sleep, was fun in this thread today. And India beat SA as well to reach the finals, so happy on that front, now hopefully they can beat SL in the finals on Sunday.

Posted Image

Women's Twenty20 is the only Twenty20 worth following.

Only thing giving you any doubt are the actual numbers, eh?

No actual for OD yet. Therefore no midnight/OD ratio actual..But i have no doubt that this will crack 250 mill

Oh typical "disappointment" over lofty expectations ;) Cap 2 is doing great

As for the sitcoms talks in the previous pages, my favorite one right now is not an Internet fan favorite - ABC's The Middle (and it's very different from Malcolm in The Middle for those who haven't seen it but feels it's a ripoff - it's not)

Edited by forg
  • Like 3

Funny thing is I'm not a huge fan of Carpenter films.  I like his old stuff but basically anything after BTILC is kind of not so great.

POKES The Baum(and hides lol)

Hey Baumer I agree, his greatest films to me were Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China and the Thing.. I also like some of his weaker films(Still good fun) Like James Woods in Vampires lol :D

What were your faves good buddy. And I hope your stoked for the God one..Hes coming for us all and Spiderman 2.

Wow can godzilla shake up the Summer( Oh yes!!)

Been thinking about Captain America. It's clearly a 3/5 movie. The first hour is just punishingly dull and it never fully recovers from it. There's good stuff in there, but overall the movie is not as smart or as exciting as it should've been. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

No actual for OD yet. Therefore no midnight/OD ratio actual..But i have no doubt that this will crack 250 mill

Morning FM!!! :D.. Im going on the weekend or Monday morning.. :D I think it could hit 300+Mil FM buddy. :)  WOM is stellar. :) Wow and  rem all those fans hating on Chris saying hes the wrong guy and he did Johnny Storm.

Hah hah whos laughing now... Go chris!! He deserves his salary bump bigtime for future Avengers and Cap  films!!

guys we all agree cinemascore is bullshit, IM3 and MOS had A cinemascores and had pretty poor legs and WOWS had an awful cinemascore but great legs. polling five theaters does not get an accurate representation good or bad so can we please stop referencing it.

• Like 1

Been thinking about Captain America. It's clearly a 3/5 movie. The first hour is just punishingly dull and it never fully recovers from it. There's good stuff in there, but overall the movie is not as smart or as exciting as it should've been.

Urr, no. It's clearly not a 3/5 movie. The first half is not dull, actually the last 20 minutes is the worst part, and the movie is extremely entertaining. Very slick action, and a good script.
  • Like 5

I thought the best parts of the film was the plot and everything before it turned into the Avengers on the Invisible Floating Fortress.  I enjoyed the plot reveal and all the talking at the beginning.  

Edited by baumer
  • Like 7

I thought the best parts of the film was the plot and everything before it turned into the Avengers on the Invisible Floating Fortress.  I enjoyed the plot reveal and all the talking at the beginning.  

Yeah, I preferred the down to earth thriller-action of the first hour and a half as well, and could have done without the slightly generic and formulaic all out action of the last 30 min, but Feige has said that they need that third act spectacle.

• Like 3

Catching up on 25ish pages of this thread was a chore.

And all of that just to learn that Tele's being a Tele, ED's being stuffed up more than a Thanksgiving Turkey, and MGS continues to make bad TV appreciation decisions

$5.3m is better than I expected for Noah. I thought it was going to have a near 70% drop this weekend.

$5.3m

$7.5m

$5.2m

$18.0m weekend.

If it hits that, then $100m is locked. 

Yeah, I preferred the down to earth thriller-action of the first hour and a half as well, and could have done without the slightly generic and formulaic all out action of the last 30 min, but Feige has said that they need that third act spectacle.

I pretty much agree. Although the final third was in a sense fairly generic. What else are they going to do?
  • Like 2