grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

John Wick opened with 80M some weekss ago but i'm reading  this movie there is everywhere on gen z and millenials social media is "a niche movie".

Like, even if it's true, Hunger Games didn't open with 150M 11 years ago with a 70% female audience.

I can understand doubts about gay people but i can secure you women really exists! They are around 50% of the population! 

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Not the world of reel quote. R.I.P.

that site has be proven to be a FRAUD. Some of his articles are all build from 0 on totally invented things and reactions. 

Any site that bills itself as "the source for alternative movie news" causes my BS  detectors to buzz. You know he is going to be posting a lot of pure crap just to get a rise out of people and show how "edgy" he is.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Any site that bills itself as "the source for alternative movie news" causes my BS  detectors to buzz. You know he is going to be posting a lot of pure crap just to get a rise out of people and show how "edgy" he is.

yeah it makes a lot of clicks with these reactions articles...he has so "many friends" so many "people are saying me" "I have heard a screening happened" about every movie and they all feels made up....If you take that away this person doesn't have any true movie exclusive, he doesn't go to any preview, get invited to festivals etc..

Today a lot of accounts on twitter wrote "barbie new trailer in 3 hours" and it wrote one hour later like he got some esclusive news

I’m told a new trailer for Greta Gerwig’s “Barbie”will be unveiled today at 12pm ET, in less than two hours time. 

🤣

52 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Using "woke" to call out Hollywood hypocrisy is ok. Margot Robbie at the peak of her powers where she can work with any director but still electing to do a David O Russell movie when everyone knows he is abusive towards women (and men, but especially women) while profiting from a Barbie movie about female empowerment is worth calling out. 

Grow up, dude. People are more complicated that this. 

Admittedly, I've never been big on Ryan Gosling, but he looks truly perfect for this role and this film.

Didn't think I could be this hyped for a Barbie movie, but I'm sold.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Mattel could be convinced that song adds awareness and will boost the opening weekend... And the original song is over 25 years old now, maybe the haters in the C-suite moved on.

Well it's not just Mattel, Aqua too. This must have been in the works for a while.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

They used Aqua's song in the trailer. This trailer is way more effective than the teaser. I am now starting to believe in this breaking out. May be June disappoints and July breaks out 🙂

It's never too late to join Yes We KEN movement in Clubs. :welcome:

Edited by Valonqar

15 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Rise of Gru numbers.

In terms of domestic not a bad comparison. Rise of Gru thrived due to those tiktok challenge stuff and I imagine this movie will have viral tiktoks of going to the theater. 

10 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

In terms of domestic not a bad comparison. Rise of Gru thrived due to those tiktok challenge stuff and I imagine this movie will have viral tiktoks of going to the theater. 

I've never understood why so many people credit that movie's success to the suit trend thing. Minions 2 did well because the Minions themselves are insanely popular and because it was part of an established franchise.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

To be honest, I'd love to see this breakout and think it definitely will... But, that trailer lost me. Completely. Just looks like a much less interesting take than the previous trailer hinted at. Sets and colors look glorious enough to see in a theater though.

I was raised in Sacramento and  a few years ago moved back so I have to root for the hometown girl.

• Like 1