grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

After seeing what TikTok and that Yeats song did for Minions 2 box office, WB should tell Mattel to cut their crap and play nice with Aqua. Barbie Girl was a TikTok song before TikTok was even invented. Marketing for this movie should play it all over, especially seeing how it perfectly fits the tone of the actual film (going by everything we've seen of it so far).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

After seeing what TikTok and that Yeats song did for Minions 2 box office, WB should tell Mattel to cut their crap and play nice with Aqua. Barbie Girl was a TikTok song before TikTok was even invented. Marketing for this movie should play it all over, especially seeing how it perfectly fits the tone of the actual film (going by everything we've seen of it so far).

eh is it really necessary? Don't want to strain things..

13 hours ago, cannastop said:

eh is it really necessary? Don't want to strain things..

TBF the song will probably become a viral trend next year without being officially associated with the movie

But an official association and Mattel/Aqua finally burying their petty hatchet can't hurt 

How Should I Know GIF - Shrug Idk Ryan Gosling - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Playing that acqua song in a Barbie movie would be just so lame, like the guns N' roses fights scenes in a thor Movie cause you know movie is rock and inspired by the 80s!

I think it could work quite well, but not in the obvious way, but as an ironic statement in a sad piano version in a scene where things didn't go her way. 

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I think it could work quite well, but not in the obvious way, but as an ironic statement in a sad piano version in a scene where things didn't go her way. 

lmao. I uh don't think that would "work" but it would be something.

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Playing that acqua song in a Barbie movie would be just so lame, like the guns N' roses fights scenes in a thor Movie cause you know movie is rock and inspired by the 80s!

Lol a daily reminder that the Internet film culture revolves around MCU one way or another. 

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

My teen and college girls have said this movie is a must in the movie - and they are in opening day if it's in, and are skipping if it's not.

Since we just saw the 13-17 male insanity on Minions...yeah, I think they should make nice and get this song in somewhere (even if just the trailers and the post movie credits)...

• Like 1

These female pop stars like Dua lipa (we already have rumours about her being in the movie), Doja cat, Olivia Rodrigo, Lizzo can't wait to get a call to make an original song for this movie, the target or the movie is their core target.

They don't need a 25 years old song to get viral with the kids. I smell even an entire original concept-soundtrack like they did for Minions 2 and so many movies nowdays. 

Edited by vale9001