grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

Just now, Maggie said:

Is this movie really aimed at little girls? Witht hem parodying A Space Odyssey...hm i don't know

It’s Barbie. Of course it’s aimed at Little Girls. You can have cheeky adult references in kids movies.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Is this movie really aimed at little girls? Witht hem parodying A Space Odyssey...hm i don't know

The little girls aren’t the ones actually purchasing the tickets, their parents are. 

This does a good job of appealing to both. 

I’m glad they’re going for clever jokes, not just slapstick for kids. 

Very clever. Can’t wait to see this. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

JULY 2023 could be a bloodbath.

07.07 INSIDIOUS: FEAR THE DARK

07.14 MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING I

07.21 BARBIE

07.21 OPPENHEIMER

07.28 THE MARVELS

I still wouldn't be surprised if The Marvels ends up moving to the holidays to give Disney a major tentpole since all they have in November/December is Wish.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I still wouldn't be surprised if The Marvels ends up moving to the holidays to give Disney a major tentpole since all they have in November/December is Wish.

This would be smart, but it would also make my 2023 very expensive when I have to fly back out to LA to see it with Bestie. 

That said, it frees @Plain Old Tele and I to see Barbie!!!

Yeah, I think it's better to move THE MARVELS to December.

Disney already has four movies in summer:

May

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY III

THE LITTLE MERMAID

June

ELEMENTAL

INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY

Then either BARBIE or OPPENHEIMER can move to the date vacated by The Marvels to at least have a breathing room.

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

My thoughts exactly. After Strange World tanked as badly as it did you'd have to be nuts to rely on an animated piece as your sole Thanksgiving/Christmas tentpole. To add more fuel to the fire there are rumours going around about Marvel reducing their yearly output by delaying a lot of their projects to combat the recent signs of Marvel fatigue. Moving The Marvels to December 2023 would fit in perfectly with that strategy.

Amazing trailer and i´m sure it´s a great teaser to appeal to girls, woman in general and queer people 

I think straight older man probably won´t seat for this, but i can see the younger straight male audience getting into it for the sake of the meme and absurdist tone 

This will be huge on BO, my only doubt if it´s gen Z [which are super excited] will go into actual theaters to see it or they´ll just wait to stream it. I´m inclined to think they´ll pay to watch it on theaters because thankfully those 45 days windows are gone for movies like this.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think straight older man probably won´t seat for this, but i can see the younger straight male audience getting into it for the sake of the meme and absurdist tone 

Ryan Gosling's fanbase is almost entirely younger straight men lol

• Like 1