grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Could this and OPPENHEIMER be what INCEPTION and DESPICBALE ME were like in 2010, albeit smaller in scale?

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen more than a handful of people talk about double-featuring this, so it might kinda work out in a way lol.

Personally I'm definitely doing a double feature with some folks.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Could this and OPPENHEIMER be what INCEPTION and DESPICBALE ME were like in 2010, albeit smaller in scale?

I still think this movie is going to pull a Detective Pikachu and massively underperform. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if it misses even $200M worldwide. I'm sure Film Twitter and shitposters will show up in droves. But in the market that we are in, I highly doubt the general audience will pay their hard earned money to see a weird meta movie like this. And Matrix 4 told us all how they felt about meta movies.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm not gonna lie, I've seen more than a handful of people talk about double-featuring this, so it might kinda work out in a way lol.

Personally I'm definitely doing a double feature with some folks.

JULY 2023 could be a bloodbath.

07.07 INSIDIOUS: FEAR THE DARK

07.14 MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING I

07.21 BARBIE

07.21 OPPENHEIMER

07.28 THE MARVELS

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I still think this movie is going to pull a Detective Pikachu and massively underperform. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if it misses even $200M worldwide. I'm sure Film Twitter and shitposters will show up in droves. But in the market that we are in, I highly doubt the general audience will pay their hard earned money to see a weird meta movie like this. And Matrix 4 told us all how they felt about meta movies.

I actually have the weird feeling this could surprise and THE MARVELS will be affected in the process.

Just now, kayumanggi said:

JULY 2023 could be a bloodbath.

07.07 INSIDIOUS: FEAR THE DARK

07.14 MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING I

07.21 BARBIE

07.21 OPPENHEIMER

07.28 THE MARVELS

how is anything getting PLFs for more than week? Something should more to September. 

• Like 1