grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

If you look at last year on the same date, Oblivion opened and it went up by 10.7% today.  I can't see that being less frontloaded than TOW.  So if you were to give it the exact same multiplier as Oblivion, you'd get:

26.5M

Moderately surprised for ToW, but I guess it's been a while since there was a big profile rom-com. Actually, is it even a rom-com? I lazily assumed that because it's aimed at women, but have no idea what the plot is. 

Not much romance in this as there is finding out that your husband is a complete asshole.

If you look at last year on the same date, Oblivion opened and it went up by 10.7% today.  I can't see that being less frontloaded than TOW.  So if you were to give it the exact same multiplier as Oblivion, you'd get:

26.5M

"What happens in Vegas" went up only 5% back in 2008.

• Like 1

"What happens in Vegas" went up only 5% back in 2008.

And it dropped 27% on Sunday instead of 38%.

So it would still end up near 27 mill as opposed to 25.  

And it dropped 27% on Sunday instead of 38%.

So it would still end up near 27 mill as opposed to 25.  

Yep. I also see it closer to 26m or something like that. Either way. It's a great opeing, but the comedy overkill of May will probably keep it from having a great multiplier.

• Like 1

Deadline Has some different Friday #s

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/first-box-office-foxs-the-other-woman-knocks-captain-america-from-top-slot/#more-719903

1). The Other Woman (FOX), 3,204 theaters / $9.6 million Fri / 3-day cume: $25.4 million/ Wk 1

2). Captain America: The Winter Soldier (DIS), 3620 theaters (-205) / $4.4 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $14 million (-42%) / Total cume: $223 million/ Wk 4

3). Heaven Is For Real (SONY),  2705 theaters (+288) / $4 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $13.8 million (-39%) / Total cume: $51.9 million /Wk 2

4). Rio 2 (FOX), 3703  theaters (-272) / $3.3 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $13 million (-41%) / Total cume: $95.5 million / Wk 3

5). Brick Mansions (REL), 2,647 theaters / $3.2 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.9 million / Wk 1

6). Transcendence (WB), 3455 theaters (-0) / $1.5 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.7 million (57-%) / Wk 2

7). The Quiet Ones (LGF), 2,027 theaters / $1.5 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.8 / Wk 1

8). Bears (DIS), 1720 theaters (-0) / 1.3 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.4 million / Wk 2

9). Divergent (LGF), 2066 theaters (-420) / $1 million Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.3 million (-40%) / Total cume: $139M / Wk 6

10). A Haunted House 2 (OPRD),2310 theaters (-0) / $930,000 Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.7 (-69%) / Wk 2

Amazing hold for Bears

Divergent's crowd is mostly made up of somewhat nerdy females who are more likely to actually read books, and maybe even read the news online or a newspaper.  TOW crowd is mostly made up of females who are fans of The Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Snooki and Jersey Shore, TMZ, etc.  It's a lower IQ audience who likes slapstick, vulgar, potty humor and following dumb people (like The Kardashians or Snooki).  I did not think that audience would be big enough to give this an OW over 20 million, but apparently there are a lot of those people out there.

Divergent's crowd is mostly made up of somewhat nerdy females who are more likely to actually read books, and maybe even read the news online or a newspaper. TOW crowd is mostly made up of females who are fans of The Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Snooki and Jersey Shore, TMZ, etc. It's a lower IQ audience who likes slapstick, vulgar, potty humor and following dumb people (like The Kardashians or Snooki). I did not think that audience would be big enough to give this an OW over 20 million, but apparently there are a lot of those people out there.

Stop. I saw both movies, have you even seen The Other Woman or been in a theater where it was screening? You sound ridiculous.
  • Like 6

Divergent's crowd is mostly made up of somewhat nerdy females who are more likely to actually read books, and maybe even read the news online or a newspaper.  TOW crowd is mostly made up of females who are fans of The Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Snooki and Jersey Shore, TMZ, etc.  It's a lower IQ audience who likes slapstick, vulgar, potty humor and following dumb people (like The Kardashians or Snooki).  I did not think that audience would be big enough to give this an OW over 20 million, but apparently there are a lot of those people out there.

Don't you just hate people that assume just because one person may like a movie they don't they are instantly better than this person.I hate Adam Sandler movies but I'm not about to put down its audience, or rank an audience of another movie as being "smarter". I know people that love dreadful comedies and they are some of the smartest people I know.Also my screening for Divergent was pretty much full of the same type of people you would see at a summer blockbuster. I have no idea why you think the worlds intellectuals are Divergents only audience
  • Like 13

Divergent's crowd is mostly made up of somewhat nerdy females who are more likely to actually read books, and maybe even read the news online or a newspaper. 

I like how this person thinks that if you're a smart female there's a chance you might actually not be ignorant of current events.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 5

Good numbers and provided deadline comes in as right then some good holds as well. As for the smart/stupid issue - dude get off your intellectual high horse and realize that not everyone has the same bland boring and sad taste as you.

• Like 1