Fancyarcher

The BFG (Spielberg Attached to Direct) July 1, 2016

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

What's Disney's involvement with this? Are they just distributing it? In the UK the trailer has no Disney branding at all 

Disney are only distributing it in the US and a select number OS countries as DreamWorks sold the OS rights to their usual local distributors, in the case of the UK, eOne. 

It's strange that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory gets a mention, I know it's Dahl's most famous book but he wrote Matilda and James and the Giant Peach which are just as well known.

It looks really good, I think it'll do really well in the UK although it have tough competition from Dory, Ice Age and The Secret Life of Pets

• Like 1

It looks.. O.K. the CGI is terrible, makes Warcraft look good. I don't like movies with ugly giants, why do they all have to be ugly? I'm not feeling a hit here. wouldn't be surprised if Legend of Tarzan makes more than this. $29/$90m

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

The next trailer really needs to improve for a breakout to happen. Finding Dory will be in it's third weekend, Pets comes out the following weekend, and Ice Age is in 3 weeks, so it could get clobbered. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What's this, another round of bitching about CG in a trailer?

btw, I had no idea Mark Rylance was in this, and that first shot of the Giant's face, I was all "Mark Rylance?! Awesome!"

I think this looks great.

I think the CGI looks really good. But yeah, I think the movie looks like it'll be a return to form for Spielberg.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What's this, another round of bitching about CG in a trailer?

btw, I had no idea Mark Rylance was in this, and that first shot of the Giant's face, I was all "Mark Rylance?! Awesome!"

I think this looks great.

I usually don't mind CGI as much as other people, in fact as long is the movie is good I can pretty easily overlook the laser CGI, but this was a bit to distracting, however it's still early it could get better with time. as for the story, I never read the book, so there is no nostalgia there, and the story doesn't seem to have that awe like say E.T. had and it just doesn't look that great, I could be wrong though, I'll probably skip it though, just cause I'd rather see Tarzan and Secret Life of Pets. heck I'm not even a fan of Indepence Day and I'm actually a little excited for Resurgence. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

I usually don't mind CGI as much as other people, in fact as long is the movie is good I can pretty easily overlook the laser CGI, but this was a bit do distancing. however it's still early it could get better with time. as for the story, I never read the book, so there is no nostalgia there, and the story doesn't seem to have that awe like say E.T. had and it just doesn't look that great, I could be wrong though, I'll probably skip it though, just cause I'd rather see Tarzan and Secret Life of Pets. heck I'm not even a fan of Indepence Day and I'm actually a little excited for Resurgence. 

Seriously? You'd choose all that over a Spielberg film?!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I think the CGI looks really good. But yeah, I think the movie looks like it'll be a return to form for Spielberg.

CG in trailers often look worse than the final film. It bodes really well for Ready Player One if Spielberg pulls off The BFG.

Disney are only distributing it in the US and a select number OS countries as DreamWorks sold the OS rights to their usual local distributors, in the case of the UK, eOne. 

It's strange that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory gets a mention, I know it's Dahl's most famous book but he wrote Matilda and James and the Giant Peach which are just as well known.

It looks really good, I think it'll do really well in the UK although it have tough competition from Dory, Ice Age and The Secret Life of Pets

I think that Chocolate Factory gets a mention because it has been also (succesfully) filmed fairly recently. I liked the trailer, got a bit nostalgic feeling for some reason.