Fancyarcher

The BFG (Spielberg Attached to Direct) July 1, 2016

Spielberg hasn't made a big budget film since Tintin and we know he's good at directing this type of film so I'm confident it'll be good. It's interesting that after three lower budget films in Lincoln, War Horse and Bridge of Spies, he's directing three big budget films with this, Ready Player One and Indiana Jones. 

27 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Spielberg hasn't made a big budget film since Tintin and we know he's good at directing this type of film so I'm confident it'll be good. It's interesting that after three lower budget films in Lincoln, War Horse and Bridge of Spies, he's directing three big budget films with this, Ready Player One and Indiana Jones. 

I'm not sure if RPO will have a big budget. Despite the sci-fi concept, it could actually have a more modest budget of say, 80m. 

2 hours ago, Kalo said:

It looks.. O.K. the CGI is terrible, makes Warcraft look good. I don't like movies with ugly giants, why do they all have to be ugly? I'm not feeling a hit here. wouldn't be surprised if Legend of Tarzan makes more than this. $29/$90m

I don't see The Legend Of Tarzan doing well looks like another WB Bomb to me

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I'm not sure if RPO will have a big budget. Despite the sci-fi concept, it could actually have a more modest budget of say, 80m. 

I'm guessing Warner Bros wants it to become a franchise similar to DC and Potter. The fact they gave it a holiday release originally and now a Easter 2018 release makes me think it'll be $150m minimum.

25 minutes ago, Robot308 said:

I don't see The Legend Of Tarzan doing well looks like another WB Bomb to me

It very well could, it definitely fits the formula, it's trailers have been received a lot better than other bombs like JC and LR though, and it actually looks like a good movie to me. I just think it has a better chance of breaking out than they did, or at least not completely bombing and make $120-$140m

• Like 2

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Um what? He never left.

After Adventures of Tintin which was the most heartless animated feature I've ever seen? Bridge of Spies was a good movie but I feel like BFG has that Spielberg magic.

All you young twerps... the book is an all-time children's classic. Roald Dahl, man! It's being adapted by Melissa Fuckin' Mathison! Directed by Spielberg!

Now, I understand maybe it gets too commercialized during the translation into a summer blockbuster, but comparing it to stuff like PAN (a would-be revisionist spin on a new origin story)? You gotta be kidding.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

All you young twerps... the book is an all-time children's classic. Roald Dahl, man! It's being adapted by Melissa Fuckin' Mathison! Directed by Spielberg!

Now, I understand maybe it gets too commercialized during the translation into a summer blockbuster, but comparing it to stuff like PAN (a would-be revisionist spin on a new origin story)? You gotta be kidding.

I haven't seen Pan either. I don't plan on ever doing it. So the fact that I plan to see this at some point at home is an improvement. :lol: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kalo said:

It looks.. O.K. the CGI is terrible, makes Warcraft look good. I don't like movies with ugly giants, why do they all have to be ugly? I'm not feeling a hit here. wouldn't be surprised if Legend of Tarzan makes more than this. $29/$90m

The giants weren't pretty in the novel this was based on.

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Tarzan is going to annihilate this, looks too much fantasy for this to impress the GA. Look at Pan from last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dory's 3rd weekend and ID's 2nd were all ahead of the July 1 releases.