CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

6 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I want the Thor guy back. He was interesting.

Wow. Can't believe we know the same bizarre troll-ish guy.

Yeah, he stanned Thor and hated all the other Avengers. It was fun to watch.

Edited by SophieSlut
  • Like 1

I mean, is there any info about presales amounts? If so, how does that compare to Tarzan and Godzilla. Maybe it'll be somwhere in the middle.

This has got to beat Pacific Rim opening numbers. If not, something's wrong. Reviews are positive for the most part... And marketing has really really picked up. If it hits 50m OW, I'll be happy... But obviously want this to do more.

If they go beyond GvsKong, budgets will definitely be in check. Overseas and Home Video will easily save the film thank goodness.

14 minutes ago, SophieSlut said:

Wow. Can't believe we know the same bizarre troll-ish guy.

Yeah, he stanned Captain America and hated all the other Avengers. It was fun to watch.

He's pretty hard to miss. I want him to be show up for Thor Ragnarok.

Split is the worst 2017 release I've seen (out of five) but even that wasn't half bad, just overhyped (HANNNNN!) Been a pretty good year for movies so far. Last year had a good Feb-April too, though, and summer turned out to be ass. Still, hopefully this adds to the good list! 

• Like 1

Not sure if this means anything. By the way, sales have increased to 4%.

Still expecting less than $50 million opening though. I checked the website. The Shack has more presales than Kong: Skull Island. Ugh...

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Split is the worst 2017 release I've seen (out of five) but even that wasn't half bad, just overhyped (HANNNNN!) Been a pretty good year for movies so far. Last year had a good Feb-April too, though, and summer turned out to be ass. Still, hopefully this adds to the good list! 

Image result for split james mcavoy

• Like 4

Having seen this last night I can say it's a fun movie, it's never boring, the action is well shot, the action set pieces are well done and there are some impressive monsters. However the plot and characters feel a little dry, John Goodman, Samuel L Jackson and John C Reilly feel like the only ones that get fleshed out. Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson are good but their characters are kind of flat. One problem I feel is that there are way too many characters, you kind of forget who is who. If they weren't played by actors you know, you'd forget who was who.

i still don't think that issue will ruin the overall enjoyment of the movie. It's a shame it's being released around movies like Logan, Get Out and Beauty And The Beast as I'd say people will probably rather see those again than this.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think it's pretty telling that this can't stay on Pulse when Split was on Pulse all day the Tuesday of release. This isn't hitting 40M.

Gotta take the marketplace into account. First Tuesday after a blockbuster opens, with GO performing extraordinarily well, is very different than SPLIT's pre-release week. 

• Like 1