CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

8 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

Can somebody explain how this is an "origin" story for King Kong? It basically looks like any other King Kong movies minus NY mayhem.

The movie looks good though.. Good cinematography too

Because the plot is new, this is not another "Kong wants some chick and a guy wants to catch him" we've seen in the previous movies.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Some things are harder to do with CGI and few people actually understand that.

Land it drives me a little nuts.  Hey, this movie has great CG cause...they didn't try anything special!  But it looks real!

Come on, innovation takes work, and sometimes failure.  Let's not slight people for going for broke to break new ground.  And in KK...they went for broke, and a lot of it is spectacular.  

Seriously...BB?  Tele...I am disapoint.

The biggest failure of the stampede scene in Kong was the composting : bad lighting, scales were all wrong etc, it was jarring.

The rest of the movie was spectacular for its time an dit s still holds up IMO.

It s crazy to think that movies with real animals are amost a thing of the past in Hollywood.

I would be curious to ask people coming out of Tarzan if they think they saw real animals in that movie because there were almost none.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, lilmac said:

This could be the best Kong flick ever but will audiences be keen on revisiting Kong? We shall see. I know it's been over a decade since the last one but it doesn't seem that long.

Speak for yourself. Seems like an eternity ago to me.

I think this new movie looks pretty cool, and audiences will be able to appreciate it as a new version of the film icon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tele Loves Bay & Twilight said:

I'm not particularly angling for any side here, but I think SWIII, NARNIA, HP, WOTW, and even stuff like CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY or BB have claim to the top 5.

SW - looked like a video game

BB - CGI Gotham really didn't look real at all 

WOTW - had some shoddy cgi, especially the chase and dark scenes 

CATCF i haven't seen so can't judge 

HARRY POTTER - just lol, they've always been a step down from competition 

NARNIA is the only film I'd consider, it was nicely rendered. 

7 hours ago, Thegun said:

Agree, We're talking strictly CGI, Kong is actually almost a step down. Even a film like Jurassic Park III holds up better. Kong outside of the motion capture looks pretty meh. Kong is beautiful, the rest is pretty uneven.

However to say something looks fake is subjective.  Kong battling dinosaurs is fake no matter what.  My list would be:

Goblet of Fire

Sin City

Narnia

War of the Worlds

Sith (This is very dated in spots too, but its original so I'll take it over dinosaurs worst than 13 years earlier)

The Dinosaur fight still looks good today, watched it a few weeks ago. Jurassic Park most certainly doesn't hold up as well, you are wrong there too

Just now, DMan7 said:

I don't know why you people are complaining about the size of him when I'm here thinking he needs to be alot bigger from the perspective of course of having to eventually fight Godzilla. 

Nah man, I like the idea of a massive kaiju battle where one monster is the small underdog monster.

6 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Henry Jackman (Monsters vs. AliensUncharted 4: A Thief's EndCaptain America: The Winter Soldier) will score Kong: Skull Island.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/09/19/henry-jackman-to-score-kong-skull-island/

Lol @ the comments.

@ddddeeee @MrPink @4815162342

RIP this movie's score.

• Like 7