#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Well, shit. I changed my answer from No to Yes in the BSG regarding 9 mill at midnight at 10:25, when I saw how packed my theater was and all the posts in the main topic. Knew I shoulda stuck with my gut- 10 P.M. made it act much more like a normal midnight than other big films this year. Still a great number. Can't really extrapolate from it. Lower than any of the biggest blockbusters this year, but it's higher than FF6, for example, and that did 97 million despite being extremely frontloader.

X men series is frontloaded as well

X men series is frontloaded as well

It is. I'm not denying that. But FF6 still did 97 million despite having a lower 10PM than DOFP. I don't see X-Men being any more frontloaded than Fast, a franchise that has proven to be incredibly frontloaded in more recent times and has a much younger skewing audience. 

It is. I'm not denying that. But FF6 still did 97 million despite having a lower 10PM than DOFP. I don't see X-Men being any more frontloaded than Fast, a franchise that has proven to be incredibly frontloaded in more recent times and has a much younger skewing audience. 

Fast's fanbase might not be as hardcore as X-Men though. I mean, comic book fans are most likely aside from tweens to be at preview screenings.

Still, this is the broadest appealing X-Men in a long long time, so there's not much to go off of other than an era that feels nearly ancient at this point (2006)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

I had an important meeting at 8am this morning.

I'm having my fiscal end of year evaluation at 11am

I have a technology training I'm coaching at 2pm

Shit to do in between all those important calendar events. (true I'm pissing a few min with you guys right now but I digress)

I really, really want to see it. Some of us are grown ass adults who have responsibilities beyond seeing a movie and need to be rested for.....you know, the truly important shit. 

So the people who went at 10pm didn't have anything important to do today? That's silly! I had a ton to do last Friday and I managed to catch a 10pm showing of Godzilla...so yeah.....
  • Like 1

Only read first page but how can u guys be disappointed in this number? It didnt have 8pm shows. Calling under 9 mill was easy imo. I even set the number at nine million in the Summer Games weekly questions thread for the midnight number. I was shocked to see how many people took over. Spider Man and Captain America did just slightly more and they had a ton more showings. So this number is quite impressive in my opinion and it really shouldn't even be an opinion its just be it's an impressive number.

• Like 3

This will easily crack 100 mill for the 4 day. How much higher is the question.

Agreed.  I think people are also wondering about the 3 day and the $100 mil mark