Orestes

DISNEY+ Original: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 4 is coming!

Finished it and its a great show overall.

Froggy really brings the show down for me, as does Karen. They have their moments, but they're nearly at the Darcy and her Intern level of bad sidekicks up until the last few episodes (even then They're both still incredibly annoying). I was Wesley would have killed Karen and not the opposite, he was a much more interesting character. Same thing with Ben, I wish Wilson had killed Froggy instead.

I agree with this 100%. Karen cried too fucking much and Foggy was too fucking dumb. Not to mention, I am so not looking forward to another blonde haired, blue eyed vanilla being the superhero love interest, especially a character that was so mary sue and bland compared to the strikingly hot and flamboyant Rosario Dawson, who I really hope ends up becoming someone in the end. I totally dig the relationship between Matt and Claire, the chemistry is off the chart. With Karen and Matt, I'm getting more of a brother sister vibe. But either way, Clair/Rosario Dawson >Karen/Deborah Ann Woll and Wesley and Ben> Foggy....

But, yeah, this show is fantastic. Had me hooked from the getgo. Yeah, there were some things I didn't like, and it got a bit boring in some parts, but on the whole, this show fucking rocked. And Charlie Cox is right there with Chris Evans as one of the very best character adaptations MCU has nailed. I really hope they strike this kind of gold for Spider-Man vs the kind of backlash we are seeing with Aaron Taylor Johnson as Quicksilver.

And I really hope we some cameos from Matt, maybe Civil War would be great.

• Like 3

• Community Manager

I really wonder how Season 2 is going to work in relation to the other Marvel series. By the time it premieres, Jessica Jones should be out and I'm guessing we'll be prepping for the third Netflix series: Iron Fist.

• Like 1

I really wonder how Season 2 is going to work in relation to the other Marvel series. By the time it premieres, Jessica Jones should be out and I'm guessing we'll be prepping for the third Netflix series: Iron Fist.

Charlie Cox gave an interview where he said he expected to film DD season 2 in the fall, at the same time as either Cage or IF (presumably Cage), and then the other one of those would film early next year.

• Like 1

BTW, do we get stats reported on how well a Netflix series doing? How is it determined?

No.  Netflix don't release any info.

we know 3 things:

- it was the second most pirated show behind only GOT.

- if you look on imdb, it seems to have more user ratings than other current comicbook tv shows, and more than most of the other netflix shows (except for a few that are much older)

-netflix announed a second season pretty darn fast, and it looks like it will be out before Iron Fist or Defenders

We really don't know anything precise, but all evidence points to this show being extremely well-received and quite popular.

• Like 3

Why couldnt they name the city something else? Hell´s Kitchen sounds like the Gordon Ramsey cooking show.

Hell's Kitchen is actually a real name of a neighborhood in the Manhattan area of New York City.

• Like 2

Hell's Kitchen isn't really quite the shithole is was when daredevil was a new thing. Lotta hipsters there now so I guess it's a different kind of shithole.

What I'm saying is that this show should've been about daredevil beating up hipsters.

• Like 2

Hell's Kitchen is actually a real name of a neighborhood in the Manhattan area of New York City.

It's also where West Side Story takes place.  It has a long, colorful and dark history dating back to to the 19th century.

http://manhattanunlocked.blogspot.com/2010/11/why-hells-kitchen-follow.html

But as said it's for the most part very gentrified and expensive now and they try to push the neighborhood name as "Clinton" but its still called Hell's Kitchen by everyone else.

It's also where West Side Story takes place.  It has a long, colorful and dark history dating back to to the 19th century.

http://manhattanunlocked.blogspot.com/2010/11/why-hells-kitchen-follow.html

But as said it's for the most part very gentrified and expensive now and they try to push the neighborhood name as "Clinton" but its still called Hell's Kitchen by everyone else.

Calling it Clinton would only be acceptable if it's after George Clinton. And even then, Hell's Kitchen is far too cool of a name to change for anything else.

• Like 1

I need to catch up. Just finished Episode 8, "Shadows in the Glass". Phenomenal writing. For any diehard Daredevil fans here, is the series directly borrowing plot points and lines from any comic story arcs? Just curious. Apparently the Frank Miller 80's run is supposed to be out of this world.

If they do a Punisher or Moon Knight show and I would die happy.

I would love to see a Moon Knight show. Such a cool character, but a relative unknown outside of actual CB readers. 

I just finished the show. It was great. The red suite looked better in action than I was expecting given it looks horrible in pictures.I dont know what villian they will have for season two, but its going to be really hard to top Kingpin. Everything about the character and performace were perfect... just incredible.

• Like 1