CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

Well that trailer explains why they moved it out of summer lol. Honestly, it's amazing to me this franchise even still exists three decades later. The first only did well because Arnold was in his prime as the biggest action star in the world at the time, and even then it wasn't any huge blockbuster. The rest have all had middling success at best. 

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well that trailer explains why they moved it out of summer lol. Honestly, it's amazing to me this franchise even still exists three decades later. The first only did well because Arnold was in his prime as the biggest action star in the world at the time, and even then it wasn't any huge blockbuster. The rest have all had middling success at best. 

Probably do do good on home video 

I had hope, but this trailer confirmed my fears. We'll always have the original and Predators. Yes, I'm that motherf_cker that says Predators is better than Predator 2. Much to the chagrin of a very small and rabid fanbase of individuals who don't remember how disappointing that sequel was upon its initial release.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The first one was amazing and the whole cast was out of this world. But yeah they should have left this die, predators would actually be a good send off.

Oh I don't think the trailer looks confusing or anything, or that it doesn't show enough plot. It just looks cheap and boring. Then again, I am a little confused: I think it looks cheap and bad because its trying to be an 80s dumb action movie, and others are mad that it's.....not enough of an 80s dumb action movie?

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I do however find it hilarious how quickly you guys are dismissing this film.  It's a SHANE BLACK PREDATOR FILM.  Do I need to remind you of that?

57 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

All that needs to be said really. Y'all look silly

oh wow you two are gonna be so annoying about this one i can tell. ethan has already started y'all-ing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh I don't think the trailer looks confusing or anything, or that it doesn't show enough plot. It just looks cheap and boring. Then again, I am a little confused: I think it looks cheap and bad because its trying to be an 80s dumb action movie, and others are mad that it's.....not enough of an 80s dumb action movie?

Except the original film didn’t look cheap at all. Lush visuals, fantastic photography, great effects and action , top casting (for this type of film), classic soundtrack by one of the best in the business . This looks like a 2018 stv film and it wished it looked as good as an eighties b movie (which the original wasn’t, it had blockbuster production values).

Just now, TLK said:

This looks like a low budget indie drama with Predators. Predator franchise hasn't been a draw with the general public in the 21st century so they needed a trailer much, much better than this.

That sounds so much better than the trailer we got!