CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

For everyone saying this trailer is good (and by everyone I mean TOG and Ethan): why does it say "20th Century Fox Presents" BEFORE the studio logo? Are they taking a play out of The Last Knight's book?

I don't know nor do I give a shit.  Dumb complaint.

• Like 1

This looks like people trying to do a 1980's over the top action thriller, but not having a clue as to how to do it.

And for a Predator film, you really need a tough cynical edge, and Shane Black,though I like some of his movies, does not have that.

Phew, action comedy this is not really. Unfortunately, i kinda agree with this assessment:

If i hadn't known i would have thought i just saw a trailer for Paul W. S. Anderson's Alien vs Predator.

Oh, well, it's just a trailer...

Edited by Elessar

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Comparing John mctiernan as a director (the director of die hard, predator, hunt for the red October among others)   with fucking Shane Black of all people....:gold:

Weren't you the one who brought up the comparison in the first place?

It doesn't look bad but it doesn't look good either. Sterling K Brown is great and I like Trevante Rhodes but whenever I see Olivia Munn I think "low rent movie that couldn't afford a real lead actress." Hoping this is just a lame teaser and that the actual film is decent.

5 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

I had hope, but this trailer confirmed my fears. We'll always have the original and Predators. Yes, I'm that motherf_cker that says Predators is better than Predator 2. Much to the chagrin of a very small and rabid fanbase of individuals who don't remember how disappointing that sequel was upon its initial release.

Predator 2 is by far my favorite Predator movie. Predators is actually my second favorite one.

The first one with Arnold Schwarzenegger never did much for me.

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Predator 2 is by far my favorite Predator movie. Predators is actually my second favorite one.

The first one with Arnold Schwarzenegger never did much for me.

"What happened to you Arlborn? You used to be someone I could trust."

• Disbelief 1